25.

I end up falling asleep on Leah shoulder, and I nap the rest of the flight. Leah's music definitely helps, I don't care what anyone says, she has good taste.
"Hey els, we're here." Leah quietly says to me after we've landed, shaking my shoulder gently. I stretch my arms and legs out and rub my eyes. We get off the plane and get on a coach to the hotel we will be staying in for the night before the game tomorrow.

When we finally reach the hotel we get told our room numbers and then we make our way to our room. Since the room arrangements are pretty much the same as the house arrangements, I'm staying in a room with Leah and Beth. Leah unlocks the door and I run into the room and jumps onto the bed, burying my face in a pillow. Leah and Beth just watch and laugh.
"Your literally like a toddler." Beth says laughing, wheeling her suitcase over to her bed. I grin sarcastically at her in response.

We all get ready for bed and move our beds so that they are closer together and there is no gap in between them. We decide to watch a movie before we go to sleep so once again Beth picks a film. We get under the covers and get comfy, although hotel beds are never very comfortable. Beth's movie actually wasn't that bad for once. I mean don't get me wrong it definitely wasn't a good film, but it was average at least, which is improvement. The film lasts a couple of hours, Beth and I make it though but unsurprisingly Leah didn't. She has her hand tucked underneath her head and she is leaning on my shoulder. Beth turns off the light and we decide to call it a night.

The next morning we have some time before training off so Gio and I decided to go out for some breakfast. I get up and try to get dressed but I don't know what to wear, as per usual. Leah is still laying in bed but she is half awake, whereas Beth is still completely knocked out and almost snoring. I walk over to Leah and tap her shoulder.
"Leahhh" I whine at her.
"What" she huffs, turning over so that her back is facing me.
"I'm going out for breakfast with Gio and I don't know what to wear."
"That's your problem."
"Help mee, pleaseeee"
"Fine." She sighs. "But I'm not getting out of bed."
"Okay." I drag my suitcase to Leah's side of the bed and then open it fully.
"What's that?" Leah says pointing to something folded up in the corner, I take it out and unfold it. It's a navy blue jumper with a red logo on the front.
"Wear that and that underneath" Leah says pointing to my suitcase again, this time at a small, plain, white crop top. "And then wear jeans, your dark ones." I pick out my dark washed jeans and then get changed.

" I pick out my dark washed jeans and then get changed

(This is what she's wearing)
"Good?" I ask Leah.
"Gorgeous. what can I say, I'm just too good." She says shrugging her shoulders. I roll my eyes at her and then wander off to the bathroom to do my skincare, hair and makeup. I straighten my hair and put some basic makeup on and finally brush my teeth.
"Le? Can I use your perfume?" I ask Leah who still hasn't gotten out of bed.
"Which one?"
"I don't know, the one I like." I reply sarcastically.
"Yeah sure." I put Leah's perfume on and then I am ready to leave. I walk out the bathroom and put my shoes on. I'm actually quite nervous.
"Relax." Leah says, sensing how tense I suddenly am.
"Yeah" I say quietly, shaking my arms and head, almost of trying to shake the nervousness out of me. "I'll see you in a bit." Leah says giving me a quick kiss on the forehead before I leave. I smile at her and then open and shut the door behind me.

Gio and I arranged to meet at a cute little cafe she picked out that was walking distance from the hotel. I walk in and Gio is already sitting down at a table for two, scrolling on her phone. I walk over and she stands up to greet me.
"Hey, good morning" she says hugging me.
"morning, you look gorgeous as always" I say hugging her back and then sitting down opposite her at the table.
"thanks, you too." She smiles back at me. We order our food and drinks, we both decided on pancakes and smoothies, and then we sit and chat whist we wait for it to come.
"So what happened yesterday when we got on the plane?"
"Oh, I was just nervous that's all. I'm not a huge fan of flying."
"Sorry about that, we're you okay in the end though?"
"Yeah, yeah I was fine. I listened to some of Leah's music and kind of ignored it."
"Okay good I'm glad. You can always come to me by the way, I'll always be here to help."
"Thank you Gio, that means a lot."

We talk for ages whist we eat out food but eventually we realise that we need to get back to the hotel since we have training at 11:30. We pay for our food and then Gio tries to stand up but I pull her back to her seat.
"Gio wait, uh I need to ask you something."
"Okay?" I reach for her hand over the table and run my thumb back and forth over it.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I say smiling at her. She immediately smiles back.
"Of course I will." She says before kissing me.

We slowly walk back to the hotel together, my hand in hers and with her arm around my waist, just being in each others company. This is really nice. I realise now I never really got this with Luke, we never did anything together or went anywhere or anything like that, he was just there. But when we were together or spending time with each other there wasn't a connection between us. It was like he was just there for the sake of being there, he didn't really ever love me. But with Gio it's different, we really do have a connection and she makes me happy. Really happy.
____________________________________

A/n: do you like Gio and Ellie together?