18.

I lay on the ground in a ball whilst Luke stands over me.
"How dare you. You disgust me." He says before kicking me hard in the stomach. He kicks me again and again and again until eventually I can't even feel it anymore. My whole body is in pain and I'm screaming for someone to come and help me but no one does, no one can even hear me.

I sit up straight and my eyes shoot open. Tears are already forming in my eyes and I'm struggling to breathe. I shake Beth to try and wake her up but it's no use, she's a really deep sleeper. I'm trying to calm down and breathe but I can't. My chest feels so tight and like there is no air in my lungs. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder and someone sitting next to me.
"Your okay, just breathe in and out." Leah says calmly, immediately realising what happened.
"I can't, it's not working" I splutter though tears.
"Yes you can." She puts my forehead against hers. "Do it with me, in....and out" I copy her and we do it a few times. I start to catch my breath back. "See, you're okay. Just keep breathing." I nod my head and do as Leah says. Although I've got breath back tears are still continuously running down my cheeks and my body is shaking all over. "Come here" Leah says leaning back against the back of the bed and holding her arms out for me. I lay my head on her chest and she holds me tight. "It was just a nightmare, your safe. Do you want to try and go back to sleep?"
"No, please, no" I say getting worried again.
"Okay, okay, that's alright." She pulls her phone out of her pocket and checks the time. "It's only 6:30 though."
"Can I just lie here?"
"Of course you can, do you mind if I go back to sleep though?"
"No, please do."
"Okay. If there is anything wake me up okay?"
"Okay, thanks" Leah replies by kissing the top for my head and then resting her head on mine, closing her eyes and falling back asleep.

I feel safe with Leah and Beth around me because I know they will always protect me, as will the rest of the team. Especially Leah though, she's my big sister and I know she's always there for me. And I hope she knows I'm always there for her.

An hour or so later Beth starts to wake up. "Morning" she says stretching her arms and sitting up.
"Morning" I reply and smile at her.
"You alright?" She asks, putting her hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah, I think so." I say smiling faintly. Beth squeezes my shoulder lightly.
"We should probably get up. We have to be at the training centre by 8, we only have half an hour."
"Okay" I say and turn over to wake Leah up. "Le?" I say quietly, softly tapping her shoulder. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles at me and Beth.
"Good morning" she says rubbing her eyes.
"Morning" Beth and I reply.

We all get out of bed and I slip into Leah's blue hoodie, which is my new favourite - hopefully Leah has already accepted the fact that she won't getting this jumper back because there is no way I'm giving it up. We walk to the kitchen and get breakfast before getting changed into training kit ready for our morning training session. Then, we all get in the car and Leah drives us to training.

When we get there, we head to locker rooms to get our socks, shin pads and boots on. When I walk in the door I am immediately greeted by Gio. She walks over to me but when she looks at me her face becomes full of worry.
"Oh my god what happened?!"
"What do you mean?"
"Your cheek!" She says putting her hand on my right cheek.
"Is it really that noticeable?" I sigh.
"Yeah, it's all red and a bit bruised and swollen"
"Ugh I thought I covered it up" I say irritated. I pull out my phone and check my cheek in my camera.
"What happened?" Gio asks concerned as we walk over to the bench and sit down.
"Luke" I say quietly.
"He did that to you?!" She says, clearly angry.
"It's fine Gio, don't worry."
"No that's not fine, he hurt you"
"Yes but Leah and Beth helped me. It's okay, honestly"
"Did he do anything else?"
"No, Beth had already shoved him out the door before her had the chance to"
"Okay, good. I'm so sorry that happened though. Did it happen last night?"
"Yeah."
"You know Jonas will probably say something right?"
"I didn't even think about that!" I say, leaning forward and putting my head in my hands. Gio puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, its alright"
"But what do I do if he asks me? Do I tell him?"
"Yeah, I would."
"Okay, fine." I say reluctantly.
"Are you okay though?" She says wrapping an arm around me.
"Yeah, I think I am. I wasn't last night but I'm okay now I guess."
"Well I'm always here if you need anything, okay?"
"Okay thanks" Gio nods her head in response.

We put on our socks and shin pads and then put on our boots before the whole team walks down to the pitch to train.