3. Strange dreams with a strange girl

"Hey! " A voice called out, it felt familiar and safe in a strange way. As if it were my own voice but altered slightly. Wow, that sounds narcissistic. "HEY! "

I quickly opened my eyes to see a pitch-black void. Where am I?! Have I been kidnapped or something?? Something tapped my shoulder and I jolted away. Getting ready to swing I saw... Me?? It looked like me but different. 'I' was wearing this weird get-up. The outfit had shades of blue and purple with these swirly glasses. Somehow clocks were floating around 'me'. Surprisingly 'I' had a scowl on my face. Resting bitch face to the MAX.

"Oh thank god your awake now" 'I' gave a sigh of relief and 'my' frown disappeared. While I was left confused. Looking around there were no buildings or the school.

"What's going on?? Who are you?? Where am I?! " 'I' looked annoyed and the frown returned. Not as horrible though, kinda like an are you serious face.

"Wow the writing lowered in quality, I'm you but... In the past kinda like the longggg past. I don't fucking know how long though. Just a long time." Ok, that didn't answer any of my questions.

"The writing what? Listen I don't understand what your telling me. And what do you mean that your me? Yeah, we look the same but not completely. Like your outfit" I pointed to 'my' outfit "I would never wear that! "

'I' looked offended. "Rude! Listen the author didn't have good taste ok?! And we are in the void. I need your help"

"That sounds like a dumb name. You couldn't think of anything creative like I dunno the ink or abys-" 'I' cut myself off.

"Shut up! I've been here for months and I want out! I just need your help and that's all. Then I don't need you anymore" 'I' looked as if I were gonna punch something, honestly this supposed version of me is a dick.

"Listen I don't know who the hell you think you are but I won't help you. We're in this inky void and you're freaking me out. Plus you're being a dick! Ask politely and maybe I will" I said with a sassy tone. I refuse to be bossed around, especially by this knock-off.

Other me grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer. 'I' looked really mad like when your parents found out you didn't defrost the chicken mad. "Listen here you fucker, I've been here for months with my body stuck being frozen. I'm losing my sanity I haven't talked to Becky or Tobes...God, I miss him. I can't deal with being frozen or here anymore so if you don't help me I'll make sure you don't wake up. Ever again." The other me said menacingly. Ok y'know, what I don't wanna stay here, and waking up seems nice right now.

"Ok ok I'll help you! God, you don't have to threaten me just to get your way. Your pretty toxic you know that? And Tobes?? Do you mean the blondie? He sucks, bet he's a spoiled little rich kid." Distaste was full in my voice. I would rather die than speak to that kid again.

Other me let go of my collar with an expressionless face. After a few moments 'I' was laughing wait no, cackling. This stayed like that for a few minutes before wiping a tear off of 'my' cheek. Slowly 'my' breathing calmed and 'I' spoke again. "Oh man, I remember when I used to hate Amour. Didn't last long at all, I loved that dork. I hope I can talk to him again" Sighing 'I' looked away into the dark abyss lovestruck.

"Wait wait wait. Me and him? Never in a million years! I just bumped into him and he started saying how I disrespected him or something. I hope we have dodgeball so I can hit him in the face." My last sentence caused me to get an evil grin on my face. Hitting him with a dodgeball sounds super good right about me?

'I' looked confused and did a head tilt. "You hate him? Geez, I guess the author is really doing enemies to lovers... And don't hit him! He isn't good at sports so you should help him instead. Maybe pick him up bridal style and hang out with him in the hallway. Then he gives you a robot and you could kiss him on the cheek!!... I wish I did that when I had the chance." Looking at the floor 'my' gaze looked sentimental. This is not a therapy session so I don't know why all of this is getting spilled. Also ew that's so cheesy, come up with something cool at least.

The void began to shake like an earthquake. Can it be called an earthquake? More like a voidquake to be technical. Other me looked scared for some reason and grabbed my shoulders. I could tell something bad was happening from the panic in 'my' eyes.

"Listen I need you to find dad-" 'My' voice was cutting out and a bright light filled my vision. "Find Dr. Two-" It's getting harder to hear and everything is just so blurry. Am I dying or waking up? I don't wanna figure that out, to be honest. "DON'T FAIL ME YOU-" And with that my hearing cut out.

(Imagine I left it there)

(Imagine)

I sat up with a gasp escaping my lips. Looking around fearfully I saw Becky, TJ, the oval-headed girl, and the ugly hat kid. Becky was shaking me trying to wake me up. For some reason, she looked more scared than me. I was the one with the spooky hecking dream why is she more scared!? My head started to get dizzy with her shaking me so hard. Gently I took her hands off my shoulders and held my head.

"(Reader)! Are you ok?! I saw you passed out on the sidewalk mumbling something about time. I don't know but it only matters if you're ok"

A small giggle came from my lips as I gave her a pat on the head, "Becks I'm fine! Just a small nightmare. I gotta get as much sleep as I can with TJ snoring all night." Mhm yeah just put the blame on TJ.

"Hey, I do not snore!! I think you just don't wanna admit it was Becky who snores more"

"TJ I don't snore! I'm telling dad to invest in soundproof walls for your room. If (Reader) can't sleep then no one can"

The oval head girl suddenly spoke, she has a very soft and quiet voice. "Becky, what does snore mean?" She said questioningly. How in the hell do you not know what snoring is???

"Oh, Violet snoring means to" Nope, nope, nope, not dealing with that. Walking away fast I got to the school doors and pushed them open.

The hallways were filled with quite a few kids. Classroom door numbers weren't available to see since there were so many people. Pushing through the crowd I found myself in front of my homeroom. I mean I think it's my homeroom. If I'm that kid who ends up in the wrong room on their first day I will die. Ok, I'm not sure if this is my room now. Nervous I stepped away from the door and bumped into someone. I fell on the floor for the second time today and heard laughing. Looking up I saw a blonde girl with pigtails and these ribbon earrings along with a pastel pink skirt and a grey blouse.

She stopped laughing and wiped a tear from her eye. "That was so pathetic! You really aren't the best at falling are you? You should know since that's my title, the BEST at falling. My last name is Best so it really shows I am the best at everything." Narcissism much? Standing up I dusted myself off and I was about to speak but she cut me off. "Please you don't need to talk. All you need to know is that I'm the best. I'm also the best at being a friend! To prove it your are my accessory- I MEAN FRIEND NOW. C'mon, new friend, let's get to class!" She dragged me into the classroom I was looking at. The teacher didn't seem to care as Victoria led me to her seat and sat me down next to her. I'm gonna end up hating her aren't I?

What have I gotten myself into?