Masquerade

Elizabeth Gilbert walked into the Salvatore Boarding House, seeing her younger sister's friend Caroline sitting down on a couch. Elizabeth's sire, Damon, handed her a glass of blood before handing Elizabeth a glass of blood as well.

"Here." He said and Elizabeth took a drink out of it as Caroline spoke up.

"I'm still shaking." Caroline exhaled as Stefan arrived and took one look at Caroline's pale face.

"What happened?" He asked and Damon snorted.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." He informed his brother and Caroline took another drink before speaking.

"I saw Katherine today." She admitted and Stefan looked alert.

"Where?" He asked and here's where Caroline looked bashful.

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt." She admitted. Elizabeth snorted at that and Caroline told them what Katherine had said.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan mused.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon stated, making himself a glass of bourbon.

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her." Stefan reminded his brother.

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked. They all glanced at Caroline like she was crazy.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight." Damon snapped and Stefan frowned at him.

"You're not gonna kill her." He said and Damon scoffed.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap." He said and Stefan shook his head.

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan insisted.

"Really?" Damon asked.

"Because I am." He stated. Elizabeth and Damon stared at him in shock, both wondering who had replaced Stefan Salvatore and when had it happened.

"I've got to go. Jenna's coming home." Elizabeth finally said and she drained the glass of blood Damon gave her before leaving.
______________

Jenna was coming home from the hospital. Jeremy, Matt and Elena were helping her while Elizabeth followed them. 

"Easy. Grab the door Jer." Matt instructed as they helped Jenna.

"Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna insisted, as they helped her inside.

"The doctors said that you have to take it easy." Elena reminded her aunt and Elizabeth and Jeremy nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, alright?" Jeremy pointed out and Jenna scoffed.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Jenna grumbled at the memory of what she thought happened.

"No." Matt denied.

"I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Jenna asked, self-depercating.

"It was a freak accident." Elena insisted and Elizabeth shot her younger sister a look.

"It happens." Jeremy added.

"Yeah, I mean I've done it like twenty times at the Grill." Matt joked and Jenna laughed before wincing in pain.