The Sacrifice

The next morning saw Elizabeth waking up to hearing another heartbeat in her house

The next morning saw Elizabeth waking up to hearing another heartbeat in her house. She sat up quickly and got out of her bed and left her bedroom to see an embarrassed Elena and a mortified Ric staring at each other.

"Elena. Elizabeth. Ahem." Alaric said, lowering the ice cream bowl he had towards his nether regions.

"I heard something." Elena said, trying not to look at Alaric who chuckled nervously. Jenna walked up the stairs, wearing Alaric's shirt and Elizabeth let out a loud wolf whistle at the sight as Jenna blushed and ran a hand through her hair.

"That was us. I'm sorry." She apologized and Elizabeth started giggling at them.

"About time you got some." She commented after she stopped laughing. In Elena's bedroom, Jonas pulled out a handkerchief and collected some of Elena's hair from her brush.

"We didn't think anyone else was up." Alaric admitted, looking like he'd rather curl up and die.

"But here you two are." Jenna said, as Elizabeth covered her mouth as the urge to laugh mounted even higher.

"We were just-" Alaric began to try and explain some more to Elena as Elizabeth ducked back into her room to laugh some more. He sighed again and the held the bowl out to Elena.

"Chunky Monkey?" He offered and as Elena shook her head, that was the last straw for Elizabeth who began giggling hysterically at Elena's expression.

Back in Elena's bedroom, Jonas also grabbed some of her jewelry and placed it in the handkerchief before folding it up and putting it in his pocket.

"Well... I'm naked. So I'm gonna go." Alaric chuckled, mortified and he walked past Elena and Elizabeth into Jenna's bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Jenna walked up the rest of the stairs as her older niece leaned on the wall, trying to stifle her laughter.

"I'm really really sorry." Jenna apologized and both her nieces turned to look at her.

"It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it." Elena said, still avoiding Jenna's eyes.