Klaus

Elena was waiting for Elijah to wake up in the cottage, where Stefan had transported the body, while Elizabeth went back to the main house and changed clothes. Suddenly he woke up with a choked noise and Elena rushed over to him. His eyes widened in shock when he saw her kneeling over him. 

"Elijah." Elena whispered and he continued to gawk at her. 

"Katerina!" He gasped. 

*** 

Flashback:

Inside a mansion; an elaborate party was underway, the room filled with guests talking to each other. Trevor was speaking with a woman, but when he saw Elijah enter, he walked over to him. 

"Ah, good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us." Elijah greeted, courteously and Trevor nodded, glancing around for Klaus. 

"I could not miss the birthday celebration." He said and Elijah hummed at that. 

"No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak?" He asked and Trevor gestured for Elijah to follow him. 

"Right this way." He instructed before walking towards Katherine with Elijah following him. 

"My dear." Trevor greeted and Katherine turned around, revealing her face to them. 

"Hello." She greeted a stunned Elijah. 

*** 

"Elijah! It's me, it's Elena." Elena whispered, daring to get a bit louder as Elizabeth snuck back inside, this time dressed in an off-the-shoulder top and a skirt 

" Elena whispered, daring to get a bit louder as Elizabeth snuck back inside, this time dressed in an off-the-shoulder top and a skirt 

"Oh, my God." Elijah gasped, again for breath. 

*** 

Flashback: 

Later in the party, Elijah was still gawking at Katherine who had started to notice. 

"Forgive me. You remind me of someone." Elijah apologized, still thinking of his beloved Tatia and Trevor looked at Katherine with a smile. 

"Katerina, may I introduce the lord Elijah." He introduced and Elijah held out his hand, Katherine taking it and giving a deep curtsy. 

"Pleasure, my lord." She said and Elijah shook his head at that. 

"The pleasure's mine. Katerina." He corrected before kissing her hand. 

*** 

Back in the present, Elijah closed his eyes. Elizabeth inched closer to him, but his body spasmed causing her to jump back a little. He struggled to his feet and looked around, gasping for air. 

"I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" Elijah gasped, rushing over to near the door, but he ended up crashing into the doorway as black spots filled his vision. Elizabeth vamp-sped over to him and held him up.