Daddy Issues

Elizabeth pulled up to the Forbes residence, waiting to drive Caroline to school and got out when she saw Tyler walking towards her car

"Hey, Tyler." She greeted, warmly and Tyler glanced at her with a strange amount of suspicion, but leaned on the car next to her.

Elizabeth waved at Caroline as left her house out and locked the door. Caroline looked reluctant to see Tyler, but smiled at Elizabeth.

"Hey. How's it going?" Caroline asked the two and Elizabeth smiled.

"Great, I have girl talk on the way to school if you're interested." She offered.

"We need to talk." Tyler interjected, causing both girls to stare at him. Caroline, not knowing about Jules, thought he was talking about the kiss and decided to talk about that.

"Yeah, we do. Listen...I've been thinking about it, and I don't want to over analyze. It was just one kiss, but Matt's still kind of in the picture. We can't go there, Tyler." Caroline told him and Elizabeth narrowed her eyes at the surprise in Tyler's eyes. Clearly, that wasn't what he was thinking about.

"Fine." He agreed and Caroline looked relieved.

"Great. That's settled." She said, walking over to the passenger side door of Elizabeth's car and opening it before moving to get in. Elizabeth gave Tyler a quick smile before opening the driver's side door.

"What happened to my uncle Mason?" He asked and both blondes froze at the mention of Mason, but for different reasons. Caroline because she wondered why Tyler was asking her and Elizabeth because all she could think about was how Mason smiled to her face and watched as the Sheriff and her deputies vervained her to drag her away and interrogate her.

"What?" Caroline asked, looking at Elizabeth out of the corner of her eye in concern. The other blonde was starting to look awfully pale and Caroline wondered if she would have to call Damon to come comfort Elizabeth.

"He's dead, and I want you to tell me what happened." Tyler insisted, but he was also looking at Elizabeth with worry. Jules had told him she was a vampire, but hadn't mentioned if she had been involved in Mason's death.

"I...I don't..." Caroline stammered as Tyler got agitated.

"Then let me tell you: Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like you and Lisbet." Tyler snapped and Elizabeth jumped at that. Caroline moved over to Elizabeth who kept glancing at the Forbes house like she expected Sheriff Forbes to run out with a stake and vervain.

"Who told you that?" Caroline asked, knowing Damon wouldn't have because of Elizabeth and that Stefan wouldn't incriminate Damon and Jeremy.

"Is it true?" Tyler asked, getting closer to the two blondes and Caroline moved Elizabeth back a little.

"Let me explain." Caroline pleaded and Elizabeth jerked back away from Caroline.

"Did you know he was dead this whole time?" Tyler asked and Caroline looked at him pleadingly.