Flashbacks

This is a chapter dedicated to moments that happened offscreen that some have mentioned that they wanted to see.

Damon meeting Alexis:
********
"Well, Zach. Guess who's back?" Damon Salvatore asked as he walked into the boarding house that should have been his.

"Zach's not here, but I could tell him you're here later?" A young blonde asked as she walked up

"Zach's not here, but I could tell him you're here later?" A young blonde asked as she walked up. Damon could see that she was about 6 months along with a baby and he had never seen her before.

"I'm Damon, Damon Salvatore." He said and recognition entered the blonde's eyes.

"I'm Alexis Salvatore." She said, sticking her hand out to shake and Damon took, not really understanding why. Clearly she knew who he was since she looked a little wary, but the friendly gleam in her eyes was too genuine.

"Zach's elusive baby sister." Damon commented and Alexis scowled at the title before grinning at Damon and something about her reminded him of himself when he was human, young and carefree. Despite having his emotions off, he felt a strange surge of protectiveness over this young human, his descendant.

"You're mine and Zach's elusive and murderous vampire uncle." She snarked back and Damon smirked at her spunk before glancing down at her bump.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" He asked and Alexis nodded, as she absently rubbed the bump a little bit.

"Girl. Grayson wants to name her Judith after his mother." She said, grimacing at the name and Damon made a face in return. Judith was a name for a grandmother, in his opinion, not a little baby.

"I think Elizabeth would be a better name, after two strong queens and a wonderful and legendary actress. Plus, it has Lily as a nickname." Damon suggested, winking roguishly at his niece who laughed, but looked like she was considering his suggestion.

"Do you want something to drink? We have a bunch of bourbon just sent in, though I'm not allowed to drink." Alexis offered as she led him into the living room. Damon fixed himself a drink and turned around to continue talking to Elizabeth, but was interrupted by a panicked Zach and a strange brunette man walking in.

"Ally? Are you okay?" Zach fussed as he gave Damon dirty looks and Damon scowled at him.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just talking to cousin Damon, no reason to treat me like I'm made of glass." Alexis waved off her brother's concern and sat down with the brunette, who was probably Grayson, sitting next to her. It was clear that Grayson knew what he was from the hatred that he saw in the young man's eyes, but clearly he also had no idea that Alexis was aware of the supernatural.

"I just think that you and Damon shouldn't be alone together!" Zach defended and Alexis rolled her eyes.

"Why, he seems perfectly nice and I was wondering if he'd like to attend the baby's christening." She told them and Damon gawked at her.