Know Thy Enemy

Isobel is at the door, looking at Elena and Elizabeth. Elena was trying to figure out how she was going to fix this while Elizabeth was plotting how to get one of her four originals from her to kill her. Jenna was stunned as she stared at the woman on her porch. 

"Hello, Elena. It's nice to see you again." Isobel said and both Jenna and Elizabeth gawked at Elena, hurt in Jenna's eyes and fury in Elizabeth's eyes. 

"Again?" Jenna asked and Elena didn't know what to say to the hurt of Jenna and fury of Elizabeth. Isobel turned her emotionless gaze to Jenna. 

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?" She asked and Elena started back into the world. 

"N-n-no. Don't...don't invite her in." Elena insisted as Elizabeth started to close the door on Isobel.  

"I need to talk to you, Elena." Isobel insisted and Elizabeth's eyes narrowed in anger. 

"Get your ass off my porch!" She snapped at the same time Elena shouted. 

"No!" She shouted and Elizabeth slammed the door in Isobel's face before turning around and pulling Jenna into a hug, feeling tears soak into her hair. 

"You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna asked, heartbroken and wondering why it was only Damon and Elizabeth who could bother to be honest with her. 

"I can explain everything, Jenna." Elena tried and Jenna gasped. 

"No." She murmured, shaking her head in denial as Elena reached for her. 

"No. Jenna, please." Elena pleaded and Jenna began to run upstairs and Elena went after her. Elizabeth put a little vampire speed into her own run and grabbed Jenna, rushing both into her room and slammed the door, locking it. 

"Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, please wait." Elena pleaded as Jenna sat down on Elizabeth's bed, weeping as Elizabeth paced around in front of her bedroom door. 

"Jenna, you have to talk to me. I...I need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please." Elena begged as Elizabeth sat down next to Jenna and hugged her. 

***

Stefan headed down the stairs, seeing Damon and Lexi talking to each other in the kitchen.  

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." He said and Lexi looked at him in surprise. 

"Your girlfriend's birth mother?" She asked and Stefan nodded as Damon frowned, moving away from the island and standing in front of him.

"What's she doing here?" He asked and Stefan shrugged at that. 

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out." He said firmly and then Katherine joined them, looking between them and Lexi made a face as the other doppelgänger came into the room. She didn't like Katherine or Elena, they were too sides of the same coin, Elena only hid her nature better from Stefan. 

"I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here." Katherine announced and the Salvatores made faces at her; Damon one of loathing and Stefan one of confusion. 

"What? Why?" Stefan asked and Katherine looked at him. 

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." She explained and Damon glared at her. 

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed." He reminded her and Lexi's pretty face hardened into a scowl. 

"I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." Katherine defended herself from the three glares she had coming her way. She turned around and Stefan interrupted her, causing her to spin around again.