The Dinner Party

Elena looked up from the journal she was reading with a shocked expression, she hadn't expected that it was Stefan that attacked the founders in the past. She looked out the window at Stefan who was on the dock and skipping stones across the lake. His phone rang, distracting him, and he answered it, hearing it was his brother Damon on the other end. 

"What's going on?" He asked and Damon's smug voice filtered through the speaker. 

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." Damon lied as he glanced at Elijah who was listening in. 

"That makes one of us." Stefan sighed and Damon frowned for a moment, but decided to focus on the task at hand.  

"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." He continued and he could almost see Stefan's brow furrow up at that. 

"How do you know?" Stefan asked and Damon looked at Elijah before answering.  

"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distracting Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon said, hinting to Stefan and Stefan took the bait. 

"...killing Elijah." He finished for Damon who nodded, even though Stefan couldn't see it. 

"Exactly." Damon confirmed and he could see Grumpy Stefan's eyebrows knit together in his mind. 

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty." He told Damon who scoffed at that as Elijah seemed to be proud of that. 

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." Damon said and Stefan sighed in that typical "annoyed with Damon" way. 

"He's an Original. We don't know what all that he encompasses." Stefan reminded his brother who rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises. Not where Lilibet is concerned." Damon said and Elijah nodded, approvingly. Perhaps he could persuade his siblings that Damon was an appropriate person to have around their mate. 

"Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" Stefan asked and Damon bristled at that, he would always be careful around Lilibet. 

"Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us, especially for you because someone might mistake me for the mature one when our actual family is involved. Got to run. I've murdered to plan. Busy day." Damon snapped before hanging up and looking at Elijah. 

"He took the bait." He told Elijah even though Elijah had every bit of it. Elijah nodded before a smirk crossed his face. 

"I thought the phrase was "cross all my t's and dot all my i's." He asked, innocently and Damon made to swat at him. 

"It is. So what's the plan for the day, Mr. Armani?" Damon asked and Elijah gave him a smile. 

"Well, I am accompanying Elizabeth and her lovely Aunt Jenna on a walk around the Fell property. Then I promised to take Elizabeth out to lunch at the Grill." He answered. 

"Alright, have her back home by midnight." Damon said, giving Elijah his best shovel talk look. To his disgruntlement, Elijah didn't even look phased by it. 

"She will be back home safely, Damon, do not worry about that." Elijah assured before leaving. Damon glared after him, much to Rose's amusement as she entered the room. 

"He won't hurt her, Damon." She assured, somewhat impressed by Damon's protectiveness over Elizabeth. Damon frowned, worried about what will be done to Elizabeth out of his line of sight.