As I Lie Dying

Elizabeth was watching a movie in her bedroom, the movie being the Phantom Menace, and then she remembered Trevor, how they planned to watch this movie, and she burst into tears. As she cried, she heard a knock at her bedroom window and she opened it, slightly warily. 

No one was there and she began to shut the window, but a hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, causing her to yelp. 

"Relax, darling. Just came to see you." Kol told her, moving to sit down on her window sill. She blushed and Kol's eyes fixated on the tears stains on her cheeks. 

"Who do I have to kill? Who has upset you?" He asked, furiously and she shook her head, moving to sit down on her bed. 

"No one, just thinking about Trevor." She admitted and Kol frowned, taking her moving farther into her room as a sign she might be scared of him. 

"Why are you thinking about him?" He asked and she shrugged, wondering how much Kol knew about what happened. 

"I told Klaus, but I don't know if he told you. Jules, that wolf you guys used in the ritual almost bit me, but Trevor pushed me out of the way and took the bite. He died after Rose staked him to put him out of his misery." She admitted and Kol bit the bullet, moving into her room and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 

"He is no longer in pain and is no longer bound to a single area, that is the good thing." He admitted and Elizabeth leaned into him, seeking his reassurance and Kol did an internal fist pump at the happiness he felt that she was in his grasp. 

"I must be going, darling. I'm supposed to be assisting Elijah with pet sitting Niklaus." Kol commented after a few minutes, before a mischievous smirk spread across his face and he pecked Elizabeth on the lips before leaving through the window and she touched her lips in surprise, having already felt the sparks between her and Kol. 

***

The next day, Damon took a bottle of scotch from the cabinet and poured himself a drink. He opened the curtains, let the sun shine upon his face, drank some scotch and put the glass down on a table. He returned to the window, took off his ring and dropped it on the floor. He opened his arms and his skin burned as he waited for death to come, but Stefan arrived and pushed him out of the sunlight. 

"Get off of me." Damon ordered and Stefan shook his head, furiously. 

"You're not doing this." He told him and Damon tried to flip their positions, but Stefan managed to get the upper hand. 

"Just did. You know what happened to Trevor, Stefan." He groaned and Stefan sped him into the cellar and threw him into one of the cells. 

"I don't care. You're not dying today." Stefan told his brother as he shut the door and locked it. He looked at his brother through the bars in the door as Damon remained on the floor, but turned to look at him. 

"What's the plan, Superman?" He asked and Stefan took a deep breath. 

"I'm gonna find a way out of this." He admitted and Damon rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one." He muttered and Stefan looked at him. 

"I got Bonnie looking for something, anything." He assured Damon who took a deep breath. 

"Always the hero, Stefan. Just tell me good-bye, get it over with." He answered to that the attempted reassurance before he started coughing and rolled onto his stomach. To his horror and resignation, blood was appearing on his hands as he coughed. 

"Lie still. Conserve your strength." Stefan ordered as Damon spat out the remainder of the blood in his mouth and then Stefan walked out. 

***