23

Finley watches in amazement as Maverick can get the f-14 in the air despite the runway being cratered. She looks around her noticing the men dressed in all black. She sticks out like a sore thumb.

She needs to get out of the public eye so she runs to the building she sees. The door is locked not allowing her to enter. "Fuck." She walks around the place noticing it has minimal security cameras. That's good. Three men run across the runway causing her to hide behind the wall.

"Ay! You!"

She snaps her head to the side seeing an Iranian man dressed in black. He appears to be in his middle thirties. The man carries a rifle on his shoulder, it's not just any rifle, it's a sniper rifle.

He charges at her but she doesn't let him get the drop on her. She jabs him in the throat with her hand and kicks him in the knee. He drops down crying out in agony. She gets behind him putting him in a chokehold.

"Pass out, pass out, pass out." His body goes limp in her arms as he's unable to fight her off. She lets go watching him fall to the ground.

"Huh," she says, "that was easier than I thought it would be."

She takes the rifle off his body checking the ammo. Satisfied that it is fully loaded she puts it on her shoulder. Seeing she has no way to get into the building to race for higher ground. She has less of an advantage on the ground as her experience is as a sniper in the Seals.

She runs about a mile in the snow without stopping. Above the trees, she's able to see a clear view of the building. Using her techniques she covers her body with snow laying on the forest floor. Putting the scope to her eye she watches and waits.

"Come on, fuckers, show me a weapon."

• • •

Maverick and Rooster have just been saved by Hangman. The second their plane lands on the ship and the canopy opens the two jump out. People are cheering for their success but they're not having anything of it.

"Bradley, where's Fin?" It is Bob who asks.

Bradley takes him by his flight suit pulling him away from the people. He leans into his ear, "she's okay but she needs help." As the two of them run for the toward, Maverick follows close behind.

Running into the oversight room they stalk up to Simpson. "We need to make a call now!" Bradley says.

"If it's personal, it can wait."

Bradley fumes, his ears turning red. "Finley is still alive and she needs our help. She requested sending us here. I will go above you admiral if I have to."

"Know your place, lieutenant."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, I get it. You need to keep your ego high enough to remain in check. I am getting her back with or without your help."

"Bradley," he turns to Bob who speaks. He tosses him a satellite phone glaring at the admiral. He glared at the admiral. "She is my wife, his sister, and Maverick's daughter. Are you sure you want to go against us?"

The admiral looks between the three. Fear and anger flushed his face. "Fine. Maverick, your ass is on the line."

"Yeah, yeah you can dishonorably discharge me when we get her back. Bradley, make the call."

"If I knew the number I would. I think Bob is the only one who knows it."

He furrows his brows. "Who does she want you to call?"

"Andrew McCoy."

Maverick's eyes widen at the name. "The commander in the Navy SEALs? Why would she want you to call him?"