25

The ride back felt like time sped up. She was smiling ear to ear as they land on the carrier. From above she can see everyone waiting for them to land. The second her feet hit the ground she makes a run for it colliding quickly with Bob. Her legs wrap around his waist as she smiles into his neck.

"You love scaring me to death, don't you?"

She chuckles, "I have to keep you on your toes, right?"

"I love you so much but you're an idiot."

"I love you too but you're such a geek it's adorable."

"After that, I'm letting you go."

"Nooo," she whines holding him tighter.

He laughs, "you're such a child."

"Your child."

He shakes his head, "that's just so wrong."

The two laugh for another minute holding each other. When she lets go she turns around hugging the life out of Reuben. "Thank you for saving me."

He smiles softly, "you looked like you had yourself covered."

She punches his shoulder, "just accept the thank you." He just laughs at her.

To her left spots some other familiar faces, Phoenix and Fanboy. The force of their embrace sends them backward. "Don't do that again!" Phoenix pokes her chest harshly. Finley gives her a look. "I can't imagine what it would have been like to tell your brother you weren't coming home," she cries quietly.

"What about Dylan?"

"Finley!"

She raises her hands in surrender. "Sorry, I don't know how to be serious in any situation."

"Then can you at least pretend?"

Her heart aches to see the pain riding Nat's face. She frowns pulling her into another hug. "I'm sorry I did that to you. I promise it won't happen again."

"It better not!"

She uses her thumbs to push up Nat's chin. The corners of her lips tug up reassuringly. "I'm telling you, it won't." Her eyes plead for her to get what she means.

Nat's eyes widen. "You don't mean—"

"I'll let you know when I talk to Robbie, okay?" Nat simply nods not having the words to reply. She is picked up from behind being spun around. "Bradley Bradshaw you put me down this instant!"

He obeys her command setting her down. She looks back at him, a grin on her face. "So that was your plan? Killing guys and blowing up the place to smithereens?"

She shrugs, "more or less. You know, you're a little bitch for worrying about me."

"I was unaware that wasn't allowed. To worry for you, that is."

Her brain scrambled from what just happened prevents her from giving a good comeback. Instead, she splutters, "asshole."

"Who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning, thundercloud?" Bradley wrinkles a brow. "Oh, that was the only thing you could think of, wasn't it?"