~A Path Beyond Stars: Chapter 4~

Reedtail woke up in a dark gray den. Everything smelt like leaves. She slowly got up to examine her surroundings, noticing she saw no Ashpelt, no Whitestripe, not even Redpelt.
She looked for the exit to the den and looked at the sky. It was dark, and the moon was not visible.
The odd thing here was that there were no clouds nor stars.
The rest of the camp looked deserted. There was a cold wind that seemed to rattle any of the remaining dead leaves that had fallen into the clearing.
She heard an owl's call echoing far off outside camp, making her fur stand up in alarm.
She lurked around the camp. "Fernfeather?" she whispered cautiously. She didn't know what was going on, and she didn't want to alert any foes that could be hiding near. "Specklefern?"
She saw a sudden flash of brown fur darting into the Medicine Den from a darker corner of the camp and thought it had to be Fernfeather or Iris-Eye, or Mossgaze.
She crept over to the entrance and crouched there for a moment, peeking inside the den to see who it was.
To Reedtail's surprise, the cat in the Medicine Den was a different shade of brown entirely. Darker than Fernfeather or Voleroach, but lighter than Mossgaze.
However, this cat also seemed to be a tom.
Reedtail tried to creep closer to see what he was doing, but as soon as she took a step, he turned around with wide eyes.
As their eyes met, the dream suddenly dissolved and Reedtail found herself standing inside Horizon's Twolegnest.
She looked around, frightened at the sudden change of scenery.
She could hear kits mewling around the corner of the entrance to the nest. Reedtail walked over to see three kits. One, a tom, large with dark brown fur and black paws. The second was a she who seemed to be quite small with shining black fur and small brown spots dotting her pelt.
The third was a small tom who seemed to be light brown with one black front paw, black ears and dark brown stripes.
Where are their parents?
Reedtail looked around, searching for anyone who may resemble these kits.
She turned to the right and saw a black she-cat, older than Reedtail, with the same brown tom from her previous dream.
Horizon was nowhere to be seen. Who are these kittypets? Reedtail thought, staring at the black she-cat and brown tom.
The she-cat turned her head to gaze happily at the kits and Reedtail realised with a jolt that that was no kittypet.
That was her.
That was Reedtail.
The kits' mewling faded away and the dream dissolved once again. She felt herself falling and woke with a yell.