~A Path Beyond Stars: Chapter 27~

"Reedtail," whispered a familiar voice in her air. Everything felt cold. "Reedtail," the voice repeated, slightly louder.
Reedtail sat up. She left her eyes closed for a moment and opened them again to see, to her surprise, Grayfur standing in front of her, starry clouds covering her paws as though StarClan had sent her.
StarClan did send her, Reedtail realised with wide eyes. This is a dream. She's not alive.
"Hello, Reedtail," Grayfur said, stepping forward.
"Why are you here?" Reedtail asked. She did her best to make it sound less rude than she thought it probably did.
"To tell you something," the old gray queen answered simply. "Reedtail, make the most of your time as Coldpaw's mentor. After he earns his warrior name, Fernstar will choose what your role becomes in the Clan."
"My role in the Clan?" Reedtail echoed. "What's that supposed to mean?"
"I will not say, not until the time comes," Grayfur said.
"You can't at least hint at it?" she said hopefully.
Grayfur shook her head, a grin appearing on her face.
"I wish you luck, Reedtail," Grayfur said, taking a step back. She began to disappear in a cloud of blue and white stars.
Reedtail stood in her dream, stunned. What had Grayfur meant when she said to enjoy her time as Coldpaw's mentor?
Am I going to die? she thought worriedly.
After a few moments, a bright light opened up around her and she woke up to the same warm den and the same sound of rain and snoring.