~A Path Beyond Stars: Chapter 16~

"Get it off!" screamed a voice next to Reedtail's ear. She jumped and opened her eyes to see multiple dogs swarming the camp.
Nobody else was in the den. Everybody was either dead or missing, if not fighting.
"Reedtail, help!" screamed a voice from in front of the warriors' den, though no cat was visible. A small hole opened beneath her feet and she found herself falling. Stars shot upward as she fell, flying up like streaks of light before her eyes.
A head fell down the hole, faster than Reedtail was falling. She shook her head in shock, realising it was Jackson, Horizon's brother.
Finally, Reedtail hit stone, though nothing was broken or painful as she hit the ground.
Whispers filled the rank cave. "What?" she asked the disembodied voices. "Where are you?"
"Traitor," said the whispers, growing slightly louder. "Death. Danger. Run. Leave."
"Leave this place," hissed an angry voice from the shadows of the cave. Reedtail froze. This voice sounded different to the whispers.
"I don't mean to intrude-" Reedtail began, but the other voice snarled and rasped, "You should not be here, you and your friends... Leave."
Reedtail stood her ground against the other cat.
"Imbecile!" the cat suddenly shouted. he crept forward and a beam of moonlight shone on his face, his blind eye glinting in the dim light.
"In another six moons, you will be attacked," rasped Half-Sight. "You best make use of your Clan while you still have it."
Reedtail was awestruck. Why was he telling her this if he was the one who was going to be attacking?
Suddenly, the entire scene disappeared and Reedtail woke to the warm scent of the warriors' den, no fighting or dead bodies.
StarClan help us, she thought desperately. We may not survive this leaf-bare unless we leave...