Chapter 8

Third Person POV

After all of you returned to Japan, your uncle decided to let Hiroshi live with you since your house was nearer to the school and you were feeling a bit lonely. The next morning, you woke up early to make breakfast and 'gently' woke up your cousin by pouring a bucket of ice-cold water on their head. Hiroshi practically jumped out of his bed, shouting, "GAHHH! COLD COLD COLD". You quickly ran out of the room before shouting, "Breakfast is on the table".

A few minutes later, Hiroshi came out from his room with his bag over his shoulder and a basket filled with his wet bedsheet. You whined, "Come on, you took forever", which made him glare at you. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't pour cold water on me", he said as he showed you the basket full of clothes. "Fine, fine, sorry. Anyways, throw those into the dryer and eat these pancakes before they get cold. I'm going to give you a tour of the school and introduce you to the president to get your timetable", you said as you wiped your mouth.

Hiroshi did what he was told and sat down to finish up the pancakes. "Can we get coffee on the way there?" he asked after he finished the last piece. "Sure! I was planning on getting some coffee for some friends anyway", you said after checking your DMs from Yumeko, who said Mary was in a bad mood today. Hiroshi placed the dishes into the sink before going outside with you to wear your shoes and head off to the nearby coffee shop.

At the Coffee Shop

"Hi, welcome to (name) coffee shop. What can I get for you?" asked the cashier with a polite smile, which you gratefully returned. "Hello, I would like an Americano, three Mocha Fraps, a favorite coffee, and a Coffee Frap, please," you said as you looked through the menu. "Okay, is that all? If so, it will be 2110 yen," the cashier asked, to which you nodded and paid the amount. "We will have your order done in 5 minutes. Here is your receipt, and thank you for purchasing our coffee!" You then sat on an empty seat while Hiroshi stood beside you. After 5 minutes, the barista called out your number and gave you the drinks in a bag. You thanked the barista and started making your way to school again.

At Hyakkaou Private Academy

After you and Hiroshi arrived at school, you went upstairs and heard a familiar voice calling out your name. It was Ryota, Itsuki, and Yumeko, accompanied by a grumpy Mary. They were looking for you in class, but you had already left to grab some coffee for everyone. You handed out the coffee to them and introduced your cousin to the group. They all greeted him and shook his hand. You saw Hiroshi starting to blush when he looked at Ryota. You asked Ryota to give Hiroshi a tour of the school, as you needed some help from Itsuki, Yumeko, and Mary for another task. You pulled the rest of your friends away, leaving Hiroshi and Ryota alone.

"I don't understand. Why did you do that?" Itsuki asked after you had pulled them away from the two girls. "Have you seen Hiroshi's eye? He's definitely in love with Toyota!" You screamed, making the girls flinch from the high pitch of your voice. "I never knew falling in love at first sight was real," Yumeko said, earning a flick on the forehead from Mary. "Idiot, I fell for you at first sight," Mary confessed, shocking you and Itsuki. "Mary, you never told me that," Yumeko said, gave you her cup of coffee before giving Mary a quick peck on the lips, causing the smaller girl to turn completely red. "Okay, that's enough, lovebirds...you're making me feel single," Itsuki said, covering her face with her hands. "Don't worry, Itsuki. I can set you up on a date with Kaede Manyuda. It's going to be easy!" Yumeko exclaimed, taking out her phone. "We're not going to blackmail anyone today, Yumeko. Anyway, I'm going to the bathroom to wash my hands," you said, taking her phone and giving it to Mary before walking towards the bathroom.