Chapter 9

Third Person POV

Y/n felt tired as she put on her uniform. She hadn't slept well due to nightmares. After getting dressed, she went downstairs to make breakfast while waiting for Hiroshi to come out of his room. "You look tired today. Did you get enough sleep?" he asked. Y/n nodded and yawned for the third time that morning. "You can skip school if you are too tired. I believe the president will understand," he suggested while eating toast. "No need. I can make it through the day even if I'm tired," Y/n replied, shaking her head with her eyes closed. "Anyway, hurry up and finish your breakfast. Call a taxi or something because I want to sleep on the way to school." Hiroshi quickly finished his toast and went to his room to grab his bag. Y/n rested her head on the cold glass table, thinking about taking a quick nap, as they had 25 minutes before leaving. However, her phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. She looked at her phone and saw that Aunt Himari was calling.

"Hello, Aunt Himari?" Y/n answered. "Y/n! Sorry if I'm bothering you in the morning, but I would like to ask if you could babysit Yua in the evening after she finishes school?" Aunt Himari asks. "Mom! I told you I don't need anybody to take care of me! I can walk home on my own!" a voice shouted in the background. "Yua, I'm asking Y/n to babysit you. I'm working till late night today with your father, and you cannot walk home alone," Aunt Himari said to her daughter, whose eyes lit up. "Wait, Cousin Y/n?!" Aunt Himari nodded as Yua jumped around happily. "So, Y/n, can you take care of her until late night?" Y/n thought about it, knowing Yua finishes school at the same time as hers. "Sure," Y/n finally decided, thinking she just needed to take care of Yua until night. "Great! Thank you." Aunt Himari hung up. 'Finally, I can take a nap,' Y/n thought before Hiroshi came back in. "Who was that?" Y/n groaned, knowing she wouldn't be able to sleep now. "It was your mother asking if we can babysit Yua after she finishes school," Y/n said tiredly. "And you agreed?" Y/n nodded. "Oh yeah, the taxi is arriving in 5 minutes, so get ready," Hiroshi said before walking away. "When am I gonna get a good sleep?" you whined when Hiroshi was out of sight.

Time Skip ( Y/n POV )

'I couldn't sleep because the driver wouldn't stop talking... ARGHHH,' I thought, feeling frustrated. 'Maybe I can sleep in the classroom.' I was about to head towards my classroom when suddenly a voice yelled my name. "Here we go again..." I sighed before getting a bone-crushing hug from Yumeko, the raven-haired girl. "Get off of her, Yumeko!" Mary pulled her off before looking at me. "Geez, you look like a zombie," she said. "Thanks a lot, Mary," I sarcastically replied. "Where is Itsuki and Ryota?" I asked when I realized they were not there.

"Ryota got sick while Itsuki went on a business trip with her father. She'll be back tomorrow," Yumeko explained while clinging onto Mary this time. "Right... I'm going to class to take a nap," I said before turning around to walk away, ignoring Yumeko who tried calling me for a gamble. I turned a corner but accidentally bumped into someone, causing both of us to fall. "Ah... Sorry," I said with my eyes still closed. When I opened my eyes, I found myself face to face with the secretary, just inches away. Her face was red, and so was mine after realizing what position we were in. I had fallen on top of the secretary. "Sorry!" I said, standing up and helping the secretary to her feet. "I-It's alright..." she replied as she fixed her clothes, still with a red face. "The president wants to see you in her office," she continued once she had composed herself.

I sighed, knowing that I couldn't disobey Kirari. I followed Sayaka to the room, still wanting to sleep.

"President, she's here," Sayaka opened the door wider for me to come in. "Y/n, you seem tired today," Kirari said. "Does it really look that obvious?" I asked. "Quite obvious. Why don't you put your bag there and then come here," Kirari instructed. I obeyed and placed my bag before going close to the President. She patted her lap which got me confused until it hit me. She wanted me to sit on her lap. Kirari got impatient and pulled my waist making me sit on her lap. My face turned red by the physical contact and tried to get up, but her grip was firm. "Relax, Darling. Go to sleep. I'll tell the teacher for you," Kirari whispered into my ears. Her hot breath and voice made you feel weak and flustered. I tried calming myself down and closed my eyes to sleep, which was successful.

Kirari POV

As I caressed Y/n's face softly, trying not to wake her up, I thought to myself, 'She looks adorable even when she's sleeping.' Suddenly, Sayaka interrupted, saying that the council was outside waiting. I told her to let them in. Sayaka was surprised to see Y/n on my lap and couldn't take her eyes off her. I giggled, thinking that she was also mesmerized by Y/n's beauty. After clearing my throat, I reminded Sayaka of her duty to let the council in. Once inside, the council kept their gaze on Y/n, especially Sachiko. To my surprise, Y/n slept through the whole meeting, even when the council was noisy. Once the meeting was over, everyone left except for Sakura, Sachiko, and Mikura. I question the three girls in front of me, "Is there something you need? Why are you still here?" Sachiko responded, "Nothing, can't we stay?" I rolled my eyes. "Sayaka and the Vice President are always here after meetings. They help me with work, and normally, the three of you rush out to either do your duties or gamble. If you three have nothing to do, I can ask Sayaka to assign you work instead of you staying and becoming a bother." I said coldly. "Oh my~ that hurt a lot, Kirari!" Sachiko said dramatically gasping. "We just want to stay here and wait for Y/n to wake up," Sakura said honestly, earning a soft punch from Mikura for revealing the truth. "I suggest you three leave, knowing that Y/n would not be awake soon," I said, wanting them to get out now. 

As a phone rang, I felt confused because the ringtone didn't sound familiar. "Where is Y/n's bag? I think it's her phone that is ringing," Ririka said in her robotic tone. "Ririka, it's just us. You can take that mask off," Mikura said while Sayaka looked for Y/n's bag. "I found it," Sayaka said, placing the phone on the table. "Aunt Himari Sato? Isn't that Hiroshi Sato's mother?" Sayaka asked, but the ringing stopped before she could answer. "Well, it stopped, right? I guess we don't need to care anymore," Mikura said before someone knocked on the door. "Come in," I called out, and a man who looked younger than us entered. "Sorry, my name is Hiroshi Sato, and I heard that Y/n is here?" Hiroshi said, recognizing Y/n on my lap. "Yes, she is. Is there anything you need from Y/n?" I asked as Y/n shifted in my lap. "I need her to help me fetch my younger sister from school," Hiroshi said, not looking at me. "I believe she is--" "Yeah, sure..." I was interrupted by Y/n, who was still in my lap. "She told me that Yua had gotten into a fight in school, but the principal has not told her the main reason that caused the fight. The principal also requested a member of the family to take her home," Hiroshi explained, making Y/n nod. "We took a taxi today, so that's a bit of a problem," Y/n said, trying to think of a way to get there. "I could take you there," Ririka said, making everyone turn to her. "I-I mean if you want me to take you there," Ririka shyly turned away. Y/n's face lit up. "Thank you so much, Riri!" Y/n got up from my lap and ran towards Ririka to hug her. I felt a bit jealous, even though Y/n had been sitting on my lap for a while. I looked at the others, who also seemed a bit jealous. "Let's get going," Y/n said, grabbing Ririka's hand and pulling her out. "See you all later!" Y/n waved to us before closing the door.

----------------------------------------------------------