Chapter 2

Muichiro's POV

did I really just accept an invite to hang out from a random guy?
Yes. Maybe? I think so.
I continued on my way to the next class, Chemistry, trying my best to remember this piece of information. 3:30, behind the Pizzeria down Quandale Lane, which it to the left of the school.
I walked through the door to the classroom, and sat down, taking out a post it and copying down this information. School ends at 3 pm, so I have around 15 minutes to complete the paragraph by the time I get there. I thought as I grabbed my folder from my backpack. Mr. Iguro waited at the front of the class, sitting on his stool and looking over the students, eyes narrowed.

"Let's start with attendance..." He hissed, readjusting himself on the seat. I listened this time, hoping that Chase wasn't here like the usual. He was though, and he replied with something very random that I don't think I remember. Something like 'not here'. Whatever it was, he and his friends were the only ones laughing.
After that class, from which the only thing I gathered was that air is air, I left quickly, trying my best to avoid any places that Chase might be at, right before realizing that I have PE. I considered skipping, and honestly, it sounded like a really good idea, but then I spotted the assistant principal, (who is probably here because she was alerted of my absences during PE) pacing around the gymnasium entrance. I groaned, and in a way, dragged myself over to the doors. I pushed them open and made my way over to the boys locker room.

"Haha! Is that even a guy?" Was what I heard 3.69420 seconds after I entered the room.

"I don't know..."

"Nice body, not gonna lie...."

"Dude, what? Hahaha! No homo tho, right?"

"Yea bro, no homo, obviously!"

I cringed at the comment 'nice body'. Adding 'no homo' to that won't really save you, even if it was supposed to be a joke. I trudged over to the corner behind my locker, and changed in silence, wishing that I would turn invisible. I could feel the piercing stares of the others, looking me up and down, probably still trying to wrap their heads around how I look, when they see me every other hour. It was so weird and uncomfortable. But I couldn't even say anything, because whenever I did, I would get laughed at, or just ignored. Some started talking about the football game from 'last weekend' or Fortnite of whatever. Some were conversing about their girlfriends, Math homework, adult sites, etc. But there were still a few, who maybe thought I couldn't hear them, or just didn't care that I could, that were talking about me. Not necessarily in a trash-talk way, like the girls do, but in a...
condescending way.

...

I watched the gymnasium clock tick. Every second, minute, anything. I couldn't wait for this period to end. Right after this, I had lunch period, which was the only time during the school day when I could have some peace and quiet to myself, sitting on the floor by my locker. Or someone else's. After the period ended, I went back into the locker room to change, and then walked back to my locker. I took out my bag of goldfish and sat down, enjoying them in the nice quiet of the hallway. However, today was different than most. Because the heavens are just so kind to me, or maybe because I clicked fAtE on a Quotev quiz, Chase and his friends, Ryan, Tyler, and Caleb, had started to walk down the hallway. 

"Do you guys wanna graffiti the back of the school?"

"Totally dude..."

"That's so rad!"

I couldn't tell who was saying what, but based on their vocabulary, I can infer that they have time travelled from the 2000's. Their voices were getting louder, along with their footsteps, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. They turned the corner and saw me, sitting on the floor, and munching on my rainbow goldfish.