Chapter 24

Muichrio's POV

Anyways.

We just sat at the park and conversed, me and Tanjiro. We didn't have much to do either way. Eventually it got late and we went to our homes to do our homework for the night. When I walked into school, my respect for Alum had significantly dropped. He seemed to be quite literally latched onto Tanjiro's arm. I narrowed my eyes, observing the scene. Tanjiro didn't seem to be very bothered, he was just chatting away. 

Alum was looking at him with googly eyes, big and admiring. I mean, I get it, Tanjiro is amazing, but I'm sure I wasn't doing that. I don't really remember. God I hope I wasn't. How embarrassing. Tanjiro hadn't seen me, sulking over by the corner. Alum had, and he gave me a condescending smile. Hah. Funny.

I didn't move, still trying to figure out what exactly Alum was trying to obtain here. After a while, Tanjiro noticed me and walked over, Alum detaching himself. 

"How are you? Are you feeling better?" He asked, almost interrupted by a very offensive remark somebody made as they passed by.

"Well, now I'm not." I gave him an amused look, and he laughed, leaning over to pat my shoulder.

"It's... ignore them. They clearly don't have a purpose in life." He nodded his head over to the direction of where most of the rude people were. My eyes widened at his remark.

"Woah, since when were you so mean to others?" I laughed, and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Since people started messing with people I care about." He replied simply, and blushed. I couldn't help it, I blushed as well.

"H-Hi!" Alum interrupted, walking over next to us, though not daring to break us apart or touch us. That would probably be the last straw, for me. Tanjiro glanced at him in surprise, his hands (unfortunately) dropping from my shoulders. I just kind of stood there awkwardly.

"Hello...!" Tanjiro grinned at him, and Alum looked away. I decided not to be very obvious by glaring at him. It was quite difficult, as he was looking a little too red from something so casual. Oh please, please tell that not another person wants to get with Tanjiro. I felt a part of my lip lift up into a snarl. I quickly fixed that when Tanjiro looked back at me. "What's up?" 

"Oh, um nothing!" He smiled sheepishly, and Tanjiro just nodded his head. "What class do you guys have next?" He asked, checking his watch. "It's almost time for the bell to ring." He glanced up at the ceiling, calculating. "I think I have history."

"Math." Tanjiro sighed.

"Science."

"Good luck," He smirked. "I heard Mr. Iguro is extra pissed today." He saluted, before promptly leaving. Tanjiro looked over to me.

"You wanna walk together to the next class?" He offered, and I nodded, not really wanting to be by myself at school. People are scary.

We were silent, the way back. Did Tanjiro see Alum blush? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, he didn't seem interested in the subject of Alum at all. "If you could be part of any fantasy world, which one would you be in?" I asked, looking around the hallway at the whispering girls and snickering boys that littered it. 

"I'd have to say... probably Hogwarts. I know it's a little basic, but I'd love to have those cool powers! I'm a proud Gryffindor." He grinned, and I looked at him for the first time throughout our little walk, me myself looking over his wonderful face. 

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm a Ravenclaw. Obviously the best!" I replied, laughing. ((Anyone hear a hufflepuff?)) He shook his head in disagreement.