Chapter 29

Muichiro's POV ((so close to 30!!))

I chose to clean up my room today. It was a mess.

I sighed, gathering the Lego pieces off the floor and dropping them into a box. I decided to listen to some music so I wasn't so bored, and I have to admit, it helped. I piled my blankets over by the corner, made my bed, put the dirty clothes away, and washed myself. I even went to get some pizza, and it felt amazing, eating after so long. 

I crossed paths with Alum on my way back, and he smirked. "How's it going with Tanjiro?" Hah. This'll be funny. I gave him a kind smile, hesitating for a moment to make it look like I'm thinking.

"You know..." I brushed my hair over my shoulder. "Maybe one day, when I'm at my lowest, I'll be single and available for you. We're dating right now... but I'll keep you updated on when we break up!" I walked past him, the grin not sliding off my face. "Sorry, I know you're obsessed with me. Just wait a little while, okay?"

He stopped moving, and I heard a 'huh?' Coming from him, though it was faint as I was far away by now. He ran up to me, seemingly confused as hell. "Wait, wait wait, what?" Alum laughed nervously. 

I shrugged, and continued walking, leaving him in my trail. I also gave him the finger. I felt extra feisty today.

It had been a few days since me and Tanjiro made up, and over those few we slowly became more comfortable around each other. He'd text me regularly now. I was happy, waking up every day with a "good morning, how'd you sleep?"

Mui Tokito- wonderful. Even though it's the weekend, I still woke up at sex o'clock haha

Tanjiro Ramsay🧑🏻‍🍳- you're never letting that go

Mui Tokito- NEVER.

Tanjiro Ramsay🧑🏻‍🍳- you wanna hang out later?

Mui Tokito- park?

Tanjiro Ramsay🧑🏻‍🍳- yed

Tanjiro Ramsay🧑🏻‍🍳- yes*

Tanjiro Ramsay🧑🏻‍🍳- now?

Mui Tokito- yed that works for me

Tanjiro Ramsay🧑🏻‍🍳- Not again

Mui Tokito- Yed again

By the time we arrived at the park, the sky was clear and pretty. We walked around for a bit, checking out the beautiful scenery, provided by April. Tanjiro spied the gazebo, the one from the winter fair. 

"Isn't that the gazebo where..." my voice trailed off, and he nodded.

"Let's go there!" He grabbed my hand and skipped over to it, all excited. "I heard it's even nicer in the spring!" I followed behind him, and once we arrived, we decided he was correct. The gardening club (mostly filled with middle aged women) had decided to decorate it, and we stood there, admiring the attention to detail. Flowers wound up the pillars, pink and purple. They planted daffodils around it, like a ring of yellow. Several hanging pots were inside, one on each of the corners of the octagonal shape. I walked to the over edge inside, leaning over the rail to admire the willow trees once more. No longer whiskers, they were now gorgeous green ribbons dangling low and casting a cooling shadow over anyone who chose the lay underneath. "Thank god for gardening club..." Tanjiro mumbled, and I snorted.

"I don't know what I'd do without them." I joked, standing up straight again, lifting my elbows off of the rail. Tanjiro laughed, before picking up my hand with his. 

He smiled, pausing for a moment. "I think this was the place where I first fell in love with you." I raised an eyebrow.

"First? How many times..." I looked where he was looking, immediately mesmerized by the swan leading her babies down the stream.