Chapter 27

Tanjiro's POV

I was surprised, shocked, thunderstruck, and flabbergasted. Why did he kiss me? I couldn't tell. I wanted to push him away but... how do I do that nicely? I came to the decision that I didn't care wether it was nice or not when a loud metal-hitting-the-concrete((idk what to call it😭))kind of sound sound came from across the street. I saw Muichiro running up the road and immediately shoved him away. 

"What- why?" I staggered back, not being able to keep my eyes off of the person getting smaller and smaller the farther they went. "MUICHIRO!" I knew following him would make it worse, and I realized that he was just to far away to hear me. I turned to Alan, who had a smirk on his face. "Why... why did you do that?" 

He chuckled, wiping away at his mouth. "What can I say? I like to play with people." He approached, looking creepy as hell with the grey clouds that gathered behind him. "It's a hobby."

I took him by his shirt collar, pulling him towards me. I leaned in until we were centimeters apart. "You need to get a life." I hissed, and he tilted his head to the side, still quiet. I was this close to punching him square in the face, but...

I contained myself, for I can't waste time now. Not in this situation. I slammed him to the ground, hard enough for him to pass out, before running away. I hid myself in a couple of bushes, picking up my phone and dialing Muichiro's number.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up." I was practically choking on my words, trying to not cry. "Please." I whispered when he didn't answer. I rested my forehead against the screen, taking a few deep breaths before calling him over and over and over. He didn't answer, not once. I tried to calm myself, tried to convince myself. It's okay, you'll resolve it. Right? Right?

I walked all the way home, because the rain was making me cold. 

Nezuko and Kanao stared at me from across the hallway as I trudged into my room. "Jesus Christ." Nezuko said, sounded the slightest bit concerned. "What happened to you?" She took Kanao's hand, dragging her in behind me. I sat down on my bed, silent for a moment.

"It's none of your business." I muttered, and she sighed, sitting down along with Kanao.

"That's not helpful." She crossed her arms, and I glared at her.

"Of course it isn't, Nezuko. Just leave me alone!" I hugged my knees against my chest, and Kanao squinted at me.

"Um." She started, and I looked up at her, waiting for her to continue. "Is it about Muichiro?" She asked, and I raised an eyebrow, hesitating.

"If you really want to know, Alan kissed me and Muichiro saw it." I looked away, humiliated and incredibly guilty, a deep pain in my heart. "I think he blocked me." My voice got stuffy and it began to hurt in the throat to speak. "It's my fault, I let it happen!" I rested my head on my knees, and they remained silent for a good minute.

"So..." Nezuko started, seeming a little hesitant. "You cheated on him."

"Typical." Kanao scoffed, and Nezuko elbowed her. 

I looked up at them, my vision blurred by my tears. "Kanao, shut up. And I didn't mean to! I didn't... I didn't want to kiss him. He just sort of grabbed my and surprised me with it." Nezuko seemed to be thinking for a while, and Kanao was staring off into space.

"Why didn't you push him away?" Kanao wondered, scratching her head.

"I didn't want to be rude." I concluded, and both of them burst out into a fit of giggles.

"That's stupid!" Nezuko threw her head back in laughter. "Good job, Tanjiro. The love of your life is no more because you didn't want to be rude." Kanao snickered, covering her mouth. I glared at them again