Chapter 7

Tanjiro's POV

Our school doesn't have a dress code.

Sometimes I kinda wish it did, because once a girl came into school wearing practically a bra and some very short shorts. Then she proceeded to sit on my desk when talking with her friend. With her bare asscheeks touching the surface. Can't she tell? Isn't it cold?

I'll have to be honest, this was probably one of those moments.

I can't believe that I'm thinking this, but who let Kanao go to school like that? ((Ima let you guys use your imagination for this outfit🗿))If she wanted attention, she definitely was getting it. I couldn't imagine Kanao wanting that, though. She probably just didn't have any other outfit options. She approached me slowly, and I noticed for the first time that she was wearing lip-shiny. And eyelash-paint. And pink cheek powder. I don't even know what type of make-up that is, but I think that's what it's called. Like 80% positive. 

"H-hey Tanjiro..." she started, tucking a single strand of hair behind her ear. Everyone's attention suddenly turned to me, and I was guessing that they were all thinking 'what's that pretty girl doing talking to him?' I just ignored it though. 

"Hey Kanao! Aren't you cold?" I ask, a bit concerned. She'll probably get sick.

"N-no! I-I'm f-f-f-fine!" She answered, shaking vigorously as a gust of wind blew from a nearby window. 

"If you say s-"

"GAYJIRO!" Inosuke shouted as he burst through the miniature crowd. "SIT WITH US AT LUNCH!" Zenitsu followed right after him, giving him a scolding on how you shouldn't-call-your-friends-privacy-intruding-and-embarrassing-nicknames-in-public. I couldn't agree more. Kanao met my eyes, before adjusting her top a little lower. I quickly took off my sweater and handed it to her. That's when Inosuke noticed. "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?" He yelled, and I noticed Kanao's face turning red.

"It's nothing..." she whispered, slipping on my sweater. 

"SOMEONES READY FOR THE CLUB. HAR HAR HAR HAH HAU HAW!" He adds, making this even worse than it already was. Zenitsu snickered a bit before catching himself at the look I shot him. What a disaster. I feel kinda bad for Kanao. I'm sure this isn't her fault. She trudges away with her head down, and sits at her desk awaiting for home room to start. I sat down at my desk next to her, and patted her shoulder.

"I'm sorry about my friends, they don't know how to behave..." I assure her, moving down to rubbing her back. She met my eyes, and I could tell she was on the verge of tears, so I decided I should do something. "Do you want to walk around for a while? To clear your mind?" She nodded slowly, and I grasp her hand, walking out of home room and venturing the halls. 

"Where do you think you're going?!" Ms. Jiafei asks, giving us an ugly glare. 

"Uh... I'm taking her to the nurses office!" I lie, knowing I probably made a face. 

"They're definetly hooking up in the bathroom..." she mummbles, staring at her long glue on nails that are potentially from wallgreens. That's... ew... I think, scrunching up my nose. Kanao just blushes past her already existing layer. As we walk, I see Muichiro approaching. 

"Hey Tanjiro! And....?" He starts, his voice fading as he looks at Kanao. 

"Oh, hi Muichiro! This is Kanao!" I grin, then notice his facial expression. I wish I knew what was bothering him. I'd rather talk to him the to Kanao for sure. He just passes by me quietly, and I can't help but pray that it's not me he's mad at.

Muichiro's POV

Same girl from yesterday, but her name is Kanao, and I can see her bra.

I walk past them sadly, just noticing that they were holding hands. Why do I care?