Chapter 12

Muichiro's POV

Do you ever just think, damn. I messed up big time. Yea, Chase didn't like my gift. Maybe a better word to use is he despised it. He showed that clearly enough when he shoved me onto the ground. I could care less, honestly. At least I had the satisfaction of giving him that garbage in the first place, and watching him get in trouble by the teacher. 

While me and Tanjiro were sitting together at lunch, Chase decided to take matters into his own hands. By that I mean, get his whole friend group to come over and kick my ass. He failed though, because he went into the hallway instead of the lunchroom were I was sitting. I could tell he was pissed by the look I got when he came back into the lunchroom. Later, I came to exchange my folders for others in my locker, only to see a penis drawn on the inside. How the hell did he do that? 

I guess I should've predicted as such, based off of his super-pro-ninja skills. Or whatever the hell he managed to do here.

To make this Friday even better, Kanao was busy with Amazon all period during history. I molded the clay into a lumpy tree, and she made a tsk sound at the sight of it. Well, if it's not what she wanted, she should've helped. I hot glued some of the diorama parts together, satisfied with myself.

I was about to ask her what she thought of it, but Aoi, who decided she was going to move her partner to sit together near me and Kanao ever since.. the 'incident', gave me an unhappy look once I opened my mouth. I closed it back up again and returned to gluing. 

Tanjiro's POV

It's Friday. Tutoring day. You would think that tutoring would be a burden, but it doesn't feel like one when it's your friend.

...

Today, Muichiro and I decided to sit with the group again. Despite the glances we kept on getting. I guess it makes sense. I'll have to face the consequences for acting so immature. Now that I think about it, I'll never forget Saturday. The school day went by as usual, boring classes, clingy Kanao, awkward conversations, but also Muichiro. The highlight of it all. Strange how my girlfriend isn't the highlight, though I'm guessing it's because I don't actually like her that much.

I was relieved when it ended, but then my relief faltered once Nezuko decided to say something on our walk home- to Muichiro.

"So, Muichiro." She stroked her chin like a super villain planning the next big attack. "Would you say you've ever had a crush on someone before..?" She walked over to him and linked their hands, swinging them powerfully.

"Um... not necessarily." He looked awkwardly at the ground, and Nezuko used this opportunity to shoot a devious look at me. 

"Nezuko-" I wish she would actually shut up.

"NO!" She interrupted, before continuing to talk with Muichiro. "Was there anybody that ever got you close to that feeling, at all?" He let go of her hand, and shoved both of them into his sweatshirt pockets.

"Uh." a blush creeped upon his face, and he kept his eyes strictly on the sidewalk.

"Oh... I guess so~" Nezuko giggled, elbowing him playfully. 

"NEZUKO. Stop!" I pulled her away from him, and she gave me a dirty look. I guess this is her way of getting back at me. Embarrassing my friend. Jesus. I swapped with her to walk by him, because I didn't need her to keep bothering him further. Eventually we got to my house, and we both brought our backpacks into my room. 

"Im sorry about my sister, she can be really nosy sometimes." I scratched the back of my head, and looked at him guiltily. He just let out a sigh and reached into his bag to retrieve his stuff.