Chapter 5

Tanjiro's POV

Today was a snow day. I watched the white flakes as they settled on the ground outside of my window. The snow was already 3 inches tall, and it was only 8 am. Nezuko said that Kanao would come over in the afternoon. That's cool I guess. I walked back to my bed and sat down, staring at the plain white wall that I had no decoration for. Suddenly, I remembered that I had to go get lunch with Zenitsu and Inosuke. I check my phone, 8:03 now. I'll just get ready early... I decide, before walking over to my closet and opening the door. I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom. Time to take a shower... ((I just kinda feel like he's a morning shower type of guy)) 

After washing my hair which I had forgotten about for a week, I dry it with a towel and start to get dressed. Today, my shirt was purple and I was wearing some black sweatpants. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, analyzing wether or not I looked presentable. I think I'm fine, so I return to my bed and pick up a copy of 'the many things about space'. It's very fascinating, I reached page 37 so far, and continued to read until 63, where I got bored and decided to continue tomorrow. I checked the time again, 9:30 now. I groaned in boredom, wishing I could escape this snow day and just go to school and see my friends.

The cool group and Zenitsu (group chat)

Tanjiro Kamado- wanna switch the time to 12:30 because school is cancelled?

Zenitsu🤨- ye

Inosuke🐷- afurmiteve

Tanjiro Kamado- what?

Zenitsu🤨- he means affirmative, I've been trying to teach him how to be more well mannered.

Tanjiro Kamado- good luck...

Inosuke🐷- WHAT THAT SUPPOZE TO MEEN? I WIL FITE U MONJIRO!

Zenitsu🤨- omg...😑

I wonder how Muichiro's doing. My mind immediately goes to, as if this is going to be a daily routine. I open his contact.

Tanjiro Kamado- hey! How are you?

Almost immediately, I got a reply. I guess he also doesn't have much to do today either.

Muichiro😎- typical. U?

Tanjiro Kamado- same here. Do u have any plans later today?

Muichiro😎- nah. How about you?

Tanjiro Kamado- just lunch with some friends. Do you wanna go to the park tonight? It's really nice and peaceful then.

Muichiro😎- alr. When

Tanjiro Kamado- 7?

Muichiro😎- k

I sighed and turned off my phone, resting it in my lap. I hate the feeling of doing nothing. I don't want to hang out with my siblings, because I don't want to change from my clothes into snow ones, and I don't want to hang out with my parents, either. I set an alarm for 11:30 and took a nap until then.

Muichiro's POV

I'm happy for the snow day. Thank god that my treacherous fate of seeing Raquelle will be delayed until tomorrow. I shuffle out of bed and grab a bag of Cheeto puffs from my secret snack stash. I know that it's 7 am in the morning but at this point idgaf. I rip the bag open and grab a Cheeto, biting into the flavor that was all too much for this hour. I stood in the middle of my room awkwardly for a while as I ate a couple more, before returning to my blankets and covering myself up again, deciding to sleep a little longer.

I was awoken by a notification on my phone at 9:32 am. I was going to ignore it until I notice it was from Tanjiro.

Tanjiro Kamado👼🏻-'hey! How are you?'