I'm always here for you

"You ever been around London?" Leah asked. They'd been given the afternoon off and were looking for something to do.

"A little bit for football trips but basically no," Evie told her.

"Well get your coat on because we're going somewhere exciting," Leah said before disappearing off upstairs.

"What? Where?" Evie called after her but she was met with silence.

Quarter of an hour later and the two of them were sat in the car singing along to Taylor Swift songs.

"Are you ever going to tell me where we're going?" Evie asked. The route they were going seemed to be busy but she still had no clue where they were.

"You'll see," Leah said with a little smile. She loved London and she couldn't wait to show someone else the place she felt so passionately about.

They spent hours walking through the streets, chatting and laughing like schoolgirls. It was perfect. Evie soaked everything in. It certainly beat Southampton.

"Should we go and get some dinner?" Leah asked, noticing the time.

"Um, yeah. That'd be cool," Evie replied. She promised herself to try and eat something. She needed food. She knew she did.

They went to the nearest Italian restaurant and found a table.

"You're actually so plain," Evie laughed when Leah landed on the margherita pizza.

"I'm not plain. I'm simple."

"Simple?" Evie laughed. She went with the pesto pasta with chicken and bacon.

"Go on. Just try a bit. You might love it."

"Or I might hate," Leah said wrinkling her nose at the green food Evie was offering her.

"Gowan it'll be nice," Evie said. Leah knew that she wouldn't back down and gave in reluctantly.

"See it's good."

"I'll stick with being plain," Leah said, forcing herself to swallow.

It took them way longer than it should've to eat all their food as they kept getting distracted with talking.

Finally they came to a holt and ordered the pudding menu. Evie was proud of herself as she'd pretty much eaten everything. Maybe she was getting better. Maybe.

"Why don't I order you something and you order me something?" Evie suggested, "It means you won't go for vanilla ice cream or something boring."

"I don't like vanilla," Leah admitted with a laugh.

"Of course you don't."

Evie scoured the menu to try and pick out the perfect thing. Profiteroles seemed like a solid option. She hadn't had them in years but before her grandma had died, she would always get them specially.

Leah went for the solid option of a brownie.

"I'm feeling quite full so I don't know if I'll eat it all," Evie warned her.

"Whatever you can't finish, I'll eat anyway," Leah laughed.

The puddings came and they both tucked in.

"It pains me to admit it but these are actually really good," Leah said having finished the first one already.

"See I told you that there is more to life than brownies and ice cream," Evie told her, slowly taking a bite of the brownie.

After paying for all their food, they made their way back to the car. They sat without talking, the radio playing softly in the background. It was a nice and calm silence.