You look old

When Evie arrived at training she was still smiling.

"Why are you so happy?" Leah asked as soon as she spotted her.

"I'm not," Evie replied before going off to find a free exercise bike.

"Such a lie," Katie said as they all watched her walk away.

"Something's definitely happened," Jen agreed.

"Right we all try and get her to talk, agreed?" Beth said. The others all nodded and their plan was set.

They moved on to doing weight training and the whole clan gathered round Evie.

"What?" she asked when she realised they were all staring at her.

"Nothing," Jen replied suspiciously.

"Seriously what are you up to?" Evie asked, narrowing her eyes as she tried to sus them out.

"Just wanted to check in with our favourite sixteen-year-old," Beth said as she lifted up the weight and began doing reps.

Evie wasn't convinced but she just continued with the exercises.

"So what you been up on this fine day? Anything exciting?" Katie asked.

"Not really," Evie lied. She didn't want to tell them about Freya as she knew they'd never shut up about it.

"You went out though," Leah said.

"You went out? Who with?" Jen asked.

"None of your business," Evie replied, desperately thinking of a way out of the situation.

"Did you see Freya?" Leah asked. Evie just glared at her.

"Freya? Who's Freya?" Beth asked as they all began to get excited.

"You did, didn't you? Did she ask you out?" Leah said as she began to place it all together. The others began to squeal and get excited.

"Yes. Yes she did," Evie sighed, giving in and letting them know what they wanted.

"Oh my God! Kiddo's got a girlfriend," Jen said excitedly.

"So cute," Beth squealed.

"Young love is so sweet," Katie said. They all began asking questions and chatting Evie's ear off.

"Girls stop gossiping and get on with your exercises," Jonas called over to them all.

"Sorry boss," they chorused before turning back.

***

It was Thursday evening and Evie was getting ready to go over to Freya's.

"How do I look?" she asked as she entered the living room. She was wearing a pair of grey cargos and a black Nike hoodie to go with it.

"You look amazing," Leah told her. Evie relaxed a bit.

"Thank you."

"Well have fun and I'll see you later. Take your key cos I'll probably be in bed before you get back."

"Yeah cya later," Evie said before rushing out the front door.

The previous evening they'd played their second Champion's League game and were pleased to come away with the 5-1 win. Evie's knee felt better and she started the match. She'd found herself getting two assists and the media were talking more and more and about Arsenal and England's next big thing.

"Alright superstar?" Freya asked when she opened the door.

"Oh don't it's so overwhelming," Evie laughed and she wasn't even joking.