You're on fire

International break came. Arsenal had won another Champion's League game and beaten Man United so they were pleased. Evie had scored against HB Koge and got in assist in the WSL game.

A new chant had been invented for her and she was loving it.

"Oh-way-oh we've got Evie Warner! Oh-way-oh we signed her from 'Hampton! Oh way-oh she never gives the ball away!" filled the ground as Evie ran back to reset. She'd just scored a banger and she was having the time of her life.

Evie was still a part of the U17s and she couldn't wait to see the girls. She hadn't seen most of them since the last camp, five months ago.

"E!" Ava squealed as she ran up to her friend.

"I've missed you," Evie said excitedly. Pretty much the whole team had arrived and they all chatted away until Paul called their attention at the front.

"Welcome back girls! I have your schedules at the front. Make sure to follow them. Tomorrow morning we fly out to France and then we will spend a week there. Remember it is an honour to be called up for the England squad so make sure you prove why you belong here," he said as they all nodded.

"The rooms are the same as usual so go and settle in. Dinner is in half an hour so don't be late," he told them and then they were all off. Evie shared a room with Poppy, a defender who played for Newcastle Academy.

They hadn't seen each other in months and spent the whole half an hour having a catch up.

"Shit it's almost six," Poppy said, checking her phone.

"Fuck," Evie said as the pair sprung up and left the room. They began to run down to the canteen. The two of them were known for always being late.

"Late as ever," Paul laughed as the pair burst into the room.

"Sorry," they apologised in out of breath voices as they went and sat with Ava and her roommate Kiyana. The four of them were very close and they were by far the nosiest table as they ate.

After dinner was over it was time to relax.

"Lights out at ten. We leave bright and early tomorrow and I don't want you to be too tired," Paul warned his team as they headed upstairs. They were a lovely bunch of girls but he wasn't stupid. He knew that teenage girls could stay up 'til all hours with their friends.

The four good friends all piled into Evie and Poppy's room. They sat on the beds and chatted for hours, laughing and catching up.

"And then I poked him in the eye," Kiyana squealed burying her face in embarrassment. They all laughed loudly.

"No! That's awful," Poppy roared as they all were incapable with laughter.

"Did he ever speak to you again?" Evie asked. Kiyana shook her head sadly and they all lost it again.

A knock on the door made them all jump.

"Come on girls. Start getting ready for bed, yeah?" Paul's voice sounded through the door.

"Yeah," they all chorused and Ava and Kiyana began getting ready to go.

***

They landed in France and the coach was ready to take them to where they were staying.

"Ok it's rooms of four so you'll be with the same person as at camp plus another pair. So the groups are Ellie, Sophie, Sadie and Maisy. Grace, Taliah, Yasmine and Kadeisha. Bella, Destiny, Cass and Aniyah. And finally, Ava, Kiyana, Evie and Poppy," Paul said.

"Oh my days, guys it's bunk beds," Ava said cheerfully as she pushed open the door, suitcase dragging behind her.

"Dibs top bunk," Kiyana shouted, pushing past Ava and clambering onto the top bunk.