Star girl

Going around where she'd come from the previous day had been amazing. It was so good to see everything that had made her who she was and reflect on how everything had come together.

"Alright kiddo?" Rach asked as a pair of little arms wrapped around her. She didn't even need to look to see who it was.

"Yep," the youngster replied, a cute little grin on her face.

"Excited to be playing at home?"

"Of course."

Lotte and Evie walked together round the pitch just taking it all in. Evie had only ever played here once before when it was her last match for Southampton. The people watching had barely even filled up a stand and now it was expected to be packed.

She was feeling the pressure that everyone was coming to watch so when Less offered to do her hair in the changing rooms, she welcomed the distraction.

The match kicked off and the roar of the fans was spectacular. That was something that never ceased to amaze the girls; the fact there were that many people there to watch them play was something from their wildest dreams.

England were on top but it was clear that they weren't being ruthless enough. They had the ball more but they weren't managing to produce anything from it.

Five minutes before half time and Fran managed to score an absolute beauty. Lauren's shot had been blocked by a defender and when it rolled back out, Fran hit it beautifully into the top corner.

Beth doubled their lead 4 minutes later and they came in for half time knowing they could be doing better but still pleased with the result.

For this match Tooney, Less and Evie were being subbed on at half time. It gave them a chance to prove how good they were for a full 45 minutes and despite it being daunting, they were ready for the challenge.

When they ran out for the second half, Evie was ready. She was determined to play well. This was home and playing at home meant she desperately needed to impress.

From the first second, they were all aware of the fire inside her. The 'super subs' as everyone was calling them, gelled together nicely. Their plays worked and each of them was adding exactly what they'd been asked to.

Evie was giving the person in charge of marking her a very hard time. She just ran and ran, waiting for the perfect pass to jump out.

It was on one of these runs when she managed to pick out Beth who whipped it in for Less.

Alessia headed it home. A ruthless, strikers' header that gave them the three-goal lead.

All of them celebrated like mad, relishing every good moment they were given.

It wasn't long until the next one because Less did a beautiful turn to evade the defence and managed to get her second one of the night.

The only way to describe the way Evie was playing would be next level. The ball was stuck to her foot and everything she tried to do worked. Every pass, every skill, every dribble, paid off.

Sometimes all the Northern Irish players could do was stand and watch. Whether they defended or not, she would still find a way to get through them.

She was testing the keeper and setting up so many chances that it was unlucky they weren't winning by more.

"For fucks sake," Evie groaned as the keeper pulled off a spectacular save to tip her shot onto the bar and out for a corner.

"It's alright. We've got time," Keira said. With the amount she was battering in, the youngster's goal would come eventually.