This is absolute madness

Evie was sat with Sarina, both of them watching the screen in front. She was having to learn the exact ways that her teammates played. It was hard work but it was crucial for a strong team performance.

Sarina spoke everything out very clearly and it made a lot of sense. Analysis wasn't Evie's strong point but Sarina but it so clearly that it clicked. Having to sit and learn football tactics usually reminded Evie of school so she hated it. Anything that was even remotely like being a classroom made her shut off.

"So you see how she always looks for a wide option?" Sarina said. Evie nodded.

"You need to be that wide option. Find the gaps and we're less likely to lose the ball."

After a whole hour of analysing and understanding the play patterns of every member of the squad, Evie was free to go and join the others in the relaxation room. It was hard being a new member of the team as it meant she had to catch up with everything, all while settling in.

"Hey kiddo! You alright?" Keira asked as the young girl entered.

"Yep. Analysing how you all play is hard work though," Evie replied, flopping onto the bean bag.

"You'll learn it all soon enough," Lucy reassured her with a smile.

"Hope so. Means I won't have to graft to catch up then," Evie laughed.

They moved into playing a card game. Lucy, Leah, Keira, Evie and Georgia all sat in a circle, the playing surface in the middle. They were playing whist. It was one of the first card games that Lotte had taught Evie and she was happy to show off her newly learnt skills.

Lotte had had to pull out of the squad for this camp as she was injured and Evie was missing her. She was one of her closest friends at Arsenal and always made sure that Evie was settled in.

Their game went underway and it was clear that Lucy was the brains of the outfit. She used her cards well, unlike Georgia who played them any which way and ended up failing to get a trick.

"Got a hand like a foot here," Keira groaned as they moved onto the next set. Lucy had won the most tricks but as they weren't playing contract, it all came down to who won the last set.

Leah was calling for the last set and Evie was praying for it to be diamonds. She had the King and knew that it would be hard to beat. Leah sat looking at her card before sighing.

"Diamonds," she said, laying down the two. Evie tried to cover up her excitement but a slight smirk was met by a suspicious look from Keira.

The others set down their cards, none of them being diamonds, and then it was time for Evie to put hers.

"Get in," she cheered.

They played a few more rounds before heading over to play FIFA instead. That became much more heated and they shouted, disturbing everyone around them.

"Leah I swear to god if you don't put in a tackle, I'm going to have a fit," Evie shouted as she watched it all go horribly wrong.

"Kiddo. I'm trying," Leah told her, sliding and missing horribly. Lucy kept the ball and smashed it into the net.

"Come on. Don't get outplayed by this oldie," Georgia said. She was watching the match with great interest, waiting for her go.

"Who are you calling old?" Lucy asked in a tone of joke offence.

"She might be old but she's got the personality of a ten year old," Keira said with a cheeky giggle, making them all laugh. Lucy's eyes widened as she pretended to be upset.