You're at home kiddo

"Remind me to never get drunk on a school night," Ava groaned as she sat up, rubbing her eyes and looking very worse for wear. Evie just groaned in response, her head practically exploding.

Once Ava was out the house, Evie fell back asleep. She wasn't meeting Jamie until 2 and she wanted to be rested up. It was 12 when she dragged herself out of bed. Ava's mum was in the kitchen, a lunch selection laid out on the table.

"Good morning! Or should I say afternoon," she joked. Evie did a small smile in response, her head still throbbing.

She didn't particularly want to eat. She felt too overwhelmed and stressed to do so but she didn't want to seem rude so she had a little bit. They passed polite conversation before Evie excused herself to get ready.

She went into the bathroom and even though she hated herself for it, she made herself be sick into the toilet. She didn't want the food. She didn't deserve it.

After emptying the contents of her stomach, she got dressed and made her way to the park she was meeting Jamie in. She felt incredibly nervous. Seeing her brother again was bad enough but meeting her niece was downright terrifying.

When she got to the park, she sat on a bench and waited. She was absolutely terrified. She'd texted Leah updates of how everything was and Leah reassured her that everything was going to be okay.

It got to quarter past 2 before Jamie could be spotted. He was walking along with a woman who had a little girl on her hip.

"Hello," he said in greeting.

"Hi," Evie replied, suddenly feeling really shy.

"This is Jemma," Jamie said, pointing to the woman.

"Hey," she said brightly, her face lighting up in a smile.

"Hi," Evie responded, relaxed by her cheerful nature.

"And this is Ella. Ella say hello."

The little girl looked very nervous. She was clinging tightly onto her mum, a toy rabbit clasped tightly in her fist.

"Hello," Evie said, smiling and waving as she did. This seemed to relax the little girl and she waved back.

"Good girl," Jemma told her. They strolled along, Ella still in her mum's arms. It felt weird to be walking along like a normal family. They chatted about what they did for work and just generally got to know each other.

Ella spotted the play park and began pointing and babbling excitedly. They went inside and Ella pointed straight for the swings.

"Swings. Can you say swing?" Jamie asked as he helped put her in. She made a bit of an attempt to say it but didn't quite manage it.

Jemma and Evie stood slightly away, watching Jamie push her gently backwards and forwards.

"He's really pleased to be back in touch, you know? Ever since I've known him, he spoke about how much he regretted the way he treated you," Jemma said.

"It's understandable. We weren't raised in a way that taught us to be kind."

"He told me some of the stuff that happened and I'm really sorry. He's a different person now. I promise you."

"I can tell that he's changed. He speaks so highly of you and Ella. I know that he's matured."

"Evie, do you want to come and push her?" Jamie called over.

She went walking over and began pushing her niece backwards and forwards, not sending her too high. She pulled silly faces as she did and Ella roared with laughter, clapping her little hands with joy.