Steven At His Physical

Prohealth Physicans

Saybrook Rd

Middletown, Connecticut

Steven: *sits in the waiting room, twiddling his fingers*

Woman: *reads a magazine*

Random Nurse: Susan?

Woman: *gets up from her seat, and follows the nurse*

Steven: *sweating, and still twiddling his fingers*

Ken: *reading a magazine*

Random Nurse: Steven?

Steven: *gulps worriedly, and follows the nurse*

Random Nurse: Step on the scale, please.

Steven: *steps on the scale*

Random Nurse: Mm hmm. *shakes her head* In here, please. Let me take your blood pressure. *places the strap on Steven's right arm, and pumps it*

Steven: *feeling a tight pressure*

Random Nurse: Okay. Sit tight, the doctor will be in shortly.

Steven: *nervous* Okay.

Random Nurse: *leaves the room and closes the door*

Steven: *looks around nervously*

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Hello, Steven! How are we doing this afternoon?

Steven: Good, I guess, heh.

Dr. Joanna Harrison: You been getting a lot of exercise? Staying healthy, I hope?

Steven: *lies* Yes indeed! Like they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Yup! Any problems you want to tell me?

Steven: No, I'm alright.

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Okay, I am just gonna check for ear wax. *uses the thing to see any ear wax in Steven's ears* They look good. Now, to listen to your heart rate. *uses the tool to listen to Steven's heart* Take some deep breaths please.

Steven: *takes some deep breaths*

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Good. Now, lay down, so I can press down on your stomach.

Steven: *lays down*

Dr. Joanna Harrison: *presses down on his stomach, making him laugh*

Steven: *laughing, due to the ticklish sensation*

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Okay. I got the results from your blood work.

Steven: *nervous* Yeah?

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Your cholesterol is extremely high! And so is your blood pressure, and you have gained so much weight!

Steven: Oh no!!!

Dr. Joanna Harrison: You're going on a strict diet! Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables! Get a lot of exercise! And stay away from the junk food, and fatty foods for a while!

Steven: *downcast* Okay.

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Other than that, your sugar, kidneys, and liver came back normal. You can leave now. Your next physical will be February 1st, 2024. What time works best for you?

Steven: Early afternoon, I guess.

Dr. Joanna Harrison: Okay, 12:30 pm. Get rid of the excess weight, and stick to your diet! Have a good day.

Steven: *leaves to go back out in the waiting room*

Ken: How did everything go, Steven?

Steven: *lies* Everything went well!

Ken: You sure? *suspicious look* I eavesdropped on the conversation*

Steven: What?

Ken: I'm not an idiot, Steven! I heard everything the doctor said! We're gonna stop by the supermarket, so I can get you some fresh fruits and vegetables! No snacks!

Steven: I hate this!

Ken: Tough cookie!

This story was written on Thursday, February 2nd, 2023. (Groundhog Day)

A/N Steven, your high cholesterol and high blood pressure can lead to heart problems! And you need to keep the weight down! Time to eat some fresh fruits and vegetables! 😂😂😂 No more Burger King for a while! 😅😅😅😅😅😅 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.