Chapter - 1

Swara closed her eyes feeling his fingertips touched her hairline. She gulped heavily when Sanskar's middle finger brushed over her hairline filling it with the sindoor of his name. She could feel tears welled up in her closed eyes threatening to spill out any time.

In a moment she felt the loss of his touch, which made her open her eyes slowly to see his face. She observed Sanskar. He passed a quick glance at her sindoor filled hairline but immediately next moment he lowered his eyes.

Swara felt a stream of tears on her chubby cheeks but her eyes were not moving away from his face. He was looking everywhere but not at her.

This was not the first time Sanskar filled her hairline. This was part of their daily routine before separation. Only Swara knew how much he was obsessed with this small act everyday moment. He used to stare at her face making her blush and then kissing her forehead mumbling. "I love you Swara."

But today it was different. His eyes which used to shine with his love for her were not fixed on her face. His eyes were always a mirror for his heart. His eyes reminded her their journey.

Even today, she remembered the days when they faked their marriage in front of their families to bring Ragini's truth out. On that blustery night, he had filled her hairline for the first time in their house temple. His eyes were glowing with determination. Determination to safeguard her self respect, her honour. At that moment, he cared about her and only her.

Next time when Ragini played her cards and forcefully tied them in holy matrimony. That time his eyes were filled with concern for her. He was ready to fight with the world for her but in front of her helplessness he had to drop his weapons. He had already declared his love for her but at that moment, he was concerned about her and only her.

When they married after confessing and fighting a long battle for their love officially a second time, she could see her blissful future in his eyes. His eyes were glistening with abundant love for her and only her.

After her memory regained when he filled her hairline, his eyes sparkled with peace. It reflected calm, comfort and satisfaction filled his heart with realisation of getting reunited with the love of his life. She was his life, his solace. His heart beat for her and only her.

But today, when Swara stared at him for the first time she could see his void. She could not judge his emotions, his feelings.

Over the last two years Swara has reached to a conclusion that she knew her husband in and out. She was under the impression that she knew his inner thoughts by just looking into his eyes but today she failed miserably.

"Take this Sanskar." Annapurna's voice broke the chain of her thoughts. She saw her Badi Ma with one silver plate which had her new mangalsutra.

He simply took the black beads thread and took a step to tie it around her slender neck. His palms brushed over her neck. How much she had missed his touch, it was a moment of realisation for Swara. His breath fanned over her cheeks giving a tingling sensation to her stomach. It was not for the first time he was touching her, he had touched her where nobody had, amidst expressing his love and passion for her. But today his simple, brief touch caused her cheeks to compete with tomatoes and beetroot.

He took a step back, passing a quick glance and small smile to her. Again standing in front of her for next instructions from his family members.

"Hey Kanhaji, Please keep your blessing on my children. They have been through a lot of pain and struggle. Please bless them with all the happiness and keep them together." Annapurna joined her hands in front of the almighty. Everyone followed her.

'Hey Kanhaji, please keep your blessings on a me and Sanskar and our family.' Swara prayed silently.

Both couples took blessings from their elders. Everyone wished for them.