Chapter - 11

Swara followed Sanskar as usual after their dinner for 'Me time'. They sat on the swing, but for the first time Sanskar was seeing his wife engulfed in her own thoughts. Till today, she was the one who always initiated different topics of discussion between them which were strictly about them. He always used to get amazed when she never broached any topic about their families or their siblings but just about them, their routine, their likes and dislikes... it was her way to know more about each other.

"I know you are upset over Ma and Baba's decision on Badi, and they did not consult you before finalising everything?" He finally spoke out.

"Not really Sanskar... but.." She trailed off.

"Then?" He saw tears welling up again in her big doe eyes.

"Badi has Dida's memories... I will miss her..." She looked down mumbling.

Sanskar remembered Swara's pain when Dida took her last breath on the hospital bed. He was there with her that night, but due to the ongoing chaos he could not console her, enveloping her in his secured embrace. He had hoped her father or sister would take care of her but alas their concentration was on the instructions given by Parvati Gadodia about last rituals and society visiting them to pass their condolences.

"Sanskar, please take care of Shoru. I know she is at fault this time but please... Please forgive her and try to mend your relationship. It's in your hands to save your marriage. Don't abandon her." Even today, Dida's words rang in his ears.

"These people are taking advantage of her pure heart. She doesn't understand how she had screwed up her own life for these selfish people. These people will surely crush her heart when they fulfil their motives."

"I don't have any hopes from Shomi as well. To save her household and Auysh's betterment, she is and will keep on supporting Shekhar. And Shekhar blindly trusts his mother and loves his only daughter Ragini. He will never take a stand for Shoru."

"She is lifeless without you. My weak heart could not see her swollen eyes every morning. I am battling with my death for her only... because I know she will break down by my departure when she doesn't have you by her side."

Sanskar remembered Dida's last words when he had gone to meet her. She was the only one who loved Swara unconditionally apart from him.

He raised hand and wrapped it around her shoulder. "Dida is over there." he pointed at the bright star.

"Look, she is looking at you. And she must be scolding you looking at your big tear drops. She will always keep on staring at you so you need to be happy."

"Swara, Dida always wanted to see you happy. She was the only one... who loved you unconditionally." He blurted out the truth without even realising.

But Swara's wide eyeballs made him realise about his own words. He fumbled, "It's not like... Even.. Ma and Baba...Ragini... all love you a lot."

She did not say a word but her heart sensed, his words were holding the truth of her life.

'Dida & Sanskar... these two only loved me without any expectation. They both were always my support system, no matter what happens in my life.' She kept her head on his shoulder.

"When I have you and your love by my side... I don't want anything else." She held his hand and kissed his knuckles.

He kissed her hair. "Always."

"But when they will de... demolish Badi?" She asked after a long time.

"Swara, it takes a long time. It's not like one day you finalise the deal and next day you bulldoze the structure for redevelopment. One needs to obtain a number of permissions and licences. It takes rounds of government and municipality scrutiny to get go ahead with the plan."