Chapter - 10

Swara opened her eyes, feeling movement under her head. Sanskar's deep sleep was broken from the sunray's entering inside their room from an open window. He was disturbed with bright sunlight, she could see it from his crinkled over his face. With a squeezed forehead and pouty face he looked cute to her. Her 'Mr. Cutest Maheshwari.'

Her lips stretched when she remembered how she used to irritate him by calling him 'Cute.... Cute sweet little boy!''

It was after a long time she had seen such cuteness overloaded on her husband's face. She could not move her eyes from his face.

She felt his hot breath over her neck, he was burying his face in the crook of her neck to avoid sun rays. She raised her hand to caress his jet black thick hair. It was after a long time she was seeing him sleeping peacefully. Truly, she missed it in these months.

Her eyes filled with tears, remembering last night's events.

'He was facing depression.'

'He was on his anti depressant pills.'

'Because of one wrong decision.'

'Why did I do that? I know we both cannot stay without each other but still... What had happened to me? Why did I take him for granted? Why did I put our relationship on stake?'

Thought brought back guilt, anger and feebleness which started streaming over her cheeks in the form of tears. Days of their separation started replaying in front of her eyes. A drop of tear fell on his neck which disturbed his sleep.

"Swara" He blinked his eyes.

Swara turned her face to the other side to avoid his intense gaze.

"Please stop crying, Swara. It's over." He held her face and made her look into his eyes.

Swara could never hide anything from his eyes. He knew what was going on in her mind with just one simple look. She turned to his side burying her face in his chest, letting her tears fall soaking in his t-shirt.

"Let's forget it." He mumbled, he kept on caressing her hairs saying soothing words in her ears.

"Promise me you will never consume those pills again." She could hardly murmur in between her muffles. This time she matched her teary swollen eyes to his.

"Promise you." He kissed her forehead sealing his promise. He caressed her cheeks, her swollen red eyes were always his weakness.

His phone started ringing, breaking their moment. He got up unwillingly to pick it up. Swara kept on staring at him without a blink; she could not hear anything from the other side but Sanskar's silence over the call left her in puzzlement.

'Please Sanskar... please stay at home. Don't leave me.' She hoped. Today, she needed him the most.

"Mike, I am not coming to the office today. Either cancel my meetings or reschedule them in the next two days." His statement came as a sweet surprise for Swara, a small smile laced over her lips.

"No... No... I can't make it for today." Swara was hearing her husband with a wide open mouth. It was for the first time after her return he was staying at home.

"Ok, I will join the meeting from home, send me all the conference call details." Saying this he cut the call after passing a few more instructions.

"You are not going to the office." She sat on the bed. He was typing something on the phone.

"Yes. I am not going. You must be having a headache. It's better if I stay at home." Sanskar knew, Swara's crying sessions always resulted in a painful headache. He was well aware about his wife, if he did not stay at home she would neglect her health.