Chapter - 5

"Kavita?"

Swara felt sudden dryness in her throat. She had never thought even in her wildest dreams that their past would stand in front of her one day like this.

No matter how much she denied, one thing she could never forget was that her husband was emotionally involved in other girl once upon a time.

Today, seeing their past's shadow over their present, the fear of losing his love suddenly crept into her mind.

Her eyes moved over the contents of the page, her hands started shaking.

It was Kavita's bail paper.

To her wonder her husband had signed as guarantor a few months back.

Tears started rolling over her cheeks.

'Has there been so much distance between me and him that he didn't even consider it necessary to tell me such a big thing?' Papers fell from her hands.

'Why Sanskar? What was the need to hide?'

'But you also hid joining hands with Ragini to reunite this family when he had asked you not to do it.' Her sub conscious spoke out.

'Why he had taken her out? He knew what she had done to us then?'  Again her mind took charge of her sanity.

'Are they back together again?'

One thought crossed her mind, stopping her heartbeat for a moment.

Sanskar had gone against his entire family for the sake of Kavita. He left no stone unturned to destroy his own family. She was his love once upon a time. Insecurity started building up inside Swara's heart.

She came out of the dressing closet, her eyes fell on their marriage picture. Just a picture of them took her back in her memory line. Their moments, their bonding, their love gave some relief to her earlier tormented heart.

But her memory line also surfaced their pain and anguish during the separation period.

'Did our separation result in Sanskar finding his peace with Kavita?' Just a thought left her in a lifeless state for a moment.

'I love you Swara' from nowhere his voice rang in her ears bringing her back to reality.

"Sanskar only loves me. No one can take my place in Sanskar's life." She tightly closed her eyes to convince herself. She took a deep breath.

They had been playing a hiding game for a long time. Now, it was time for confessing and sharing her miseries with her soulmate.

Swara dialled Sanskar's number from her phone but except the ringtone she could not hear anything. Looking at the time, she realised her husband must be sleeping.

The detective instinct of Swara did not let her sit in one place in the wait for her answers. She went back to look at the papers carefully where she found out the lawyer Mr. Sagar Banerjee's name. He was the same lawyer who was fighting their case.

The next moment she was on call with Sagar asking for time to meet up. He gave her a late afternoon's appointment.

After lunch, Swara got ready and left for his office.

"Mrs. Maheshwari, please have a seat." Sagar welcomed her in his cabin.

"Thanks Mr. Sagar for giving me an appointment on urgent basis. I appreciate it."

"You are always welcome Mrs. Maheshwari. So tell me what can I do for you?" Sagar asked professionally.

"I wanted to know about the case. Where are we with it?" Swara asked carefully.