Chapter - 15

"Swara, are you sure we are on the right way?" Sanskar asked, maintaining his eyes on the deserted road. It was almost 10 pm. They had left their home 4 hours back to the venue they needed to reach to attend Swara's friend's wedding.

"You are asking me the same thing every 5 minutes in the last half an hour." Swara twitched her nose but her eyes were fixed on the google maps on car's screenplay.

"Yes, because it doesn't look like we are on the right path... I mean, I hope your friend has not planned her wedding in the jungle." Road was going through mountains.

"We are almost there... it says we will be reaching in 3 minutes." Swara pointed at the map screen.

Within 3 minutes, they reached the front iron gate behind which there was a small bunglow.

"Yes, finally we reached." There was a bright smile of satisfaction on Swara's face whereas Sanskar was gawking with raised eyebrows.

"Are you sure this is the address?" Confusion was all over in his tone as well as face.

"100% sure." His confident reply baffled him more.

"I am not." He mumbled.

Swara turned to him with a creased forehead. "Look at this place, Swara. Looking at this, no one will say that a marriage is going to take place in this house after two days."

Swara bit her tongue between teeth which she could not hide from her husband's inquisitive glare.

"Swara, spill the beans out." He ordered maintaining his glare.

"I know. I know. There is no marriage going to happen in this house, but the marriage which took place two years ago has to be celebrated." Finally Swara blurted out the truth, tightly closing her eyes.

A week back, she could not believe her workaholic husband to readily accept her demand to accompany her for her so-called friend's wedding. Friend's wedding was just a reason Swara gave to everyone for her sneaking out with her husband.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, her talks were adding more to his already confused brain. "Whoes marriage?"

Swara opened her mouth to reply back but her husband guessed, "Swara, for your kind information our marriage anniversary is in 2 months and..."

"I am not talking about our official marriage date. I am talking about the date when you filled my hairline in front of Kanha Ji in our house temple." She tried to remind him about the stormy night which changed the fate of two soulmates.

"That was not marriage..." He tried to contradict with a logical mind.

"For me it was our marriage Sanskar." She replied with surety. "Yes, I understood it later but..." She could not stare into his intense gaze. "Can we go inside?"

As she asked, there was a watchman who opened the gate for the car when Swara showed him her bookings over the phone.

Sanskar drove inside.

"I thought... I wanted some time for both of us. If I had told this to anyone at home, all of them would have brought problems from all over the world. And Dad also said that... I should not tell this to anyone, not even you. For you it should be a surprise."  She admitted hurriedly.

"Dad said this?" Of all his brain captured her last sentence. He could not believe his introverted father and his wife's planning behind his back.

"Yes. These days he is becoming my crime partner." She mumbled rolling her eyes. "Come on, let's go inside."

"And don't worry, this one I booked from airBNB. Dad also checked it so it's all safe and sound." She mentioned when he parked the car in the porch area.