Chapter - 20

"Ok, then I will leave for home." Swara and Sanskar were stepping out from Maheshwari Office.

"Don't go alone." He could hardly mumble in request, holding her arm and turning her to face him. He took out his phone from pant pocket.

"Mike, cancel my meetings for today. I won't be coming to the office. If anything urgent give me a call." He was talking while walking with her towards their car.

Swara saw him, she remembered in the morning his mention of some important meetings in Karma office in the late afternoon. For a moment she could not understand the sudden change of his plans.

"No... I can't make it. Just postpone it for tomorrow." His words broke her reverie.

Sanskar knew his headlong brother would be reaching their home soon and then the first thing he would do is to blurt out the events that happened in the meeting.

Her chaotic Maayka is at home to support her frantic sister who would be ready to jump on Swara with belittling her on the first opportunity they get. For the first time, their ideal daughter and sister have gone against their wish which would surely result in their outrage.

Swara gazed in his pleading eyes. They were always a mirror of his heart. It did not take much time for Swara to understand his inner turmoil.

'He is my biggest support always.' She fluttered her eyelashes to push back her ecstatic emotions.

"Ok, let's go together." She slipped her hand in his arms who led her towards their car.

'She was the first one who raised her hand to oppose the proposal.' Sujata could not believe in her own hearing ability. She turned into a statue.

"Swara rejected?" Sharmishtha was the first one to mutter unanticipatedly.

Few moments back Sharmishtha was guaranteed that her obedient daughter would never let any of her words to fall down. Last time, when she had folded her hands in front of her own daughter for the wellbeing of her step-daughter, Swara had put her own marriage at stake. But today, when Sharmishtha's own world was crashing down, her blood turned back on her.

"Not only Swara but Chachu as well." Laksh threw his jacket on the floor frustratingly. "And Sanskar... he was always against this." Finally he slumped down on a nearby couch palming his face.

"Ram" Sujata pinched herself. 'First Swara and now Ram too. For sure I am dreaming right now. Sujata, wake up, it's morning.'

"Ahh" Sujata could feel hurt realising that the words falling on her eardrum were not her dream but the reality.

"Mom, what is happening?" Uttara whispered, bending near her mother's ear.

"If I don't understand anything myself, what should I tell you?" Sujata spoke abruptly, not moving her eyes from Gadodia and her own family members. She continued showing the reddened area on her wrist to her daughter, " Only one thing is for sure, that I am not dreaming."

"What Ram as well?" This time it was Annapurna.

"See what your daughter did with us. Shame on her. She destroyed us completely. One thing... only one thing I had asked her... that too with folding hands but no. What difference does it make to her whether her parents live or die? She is just enjoying her own life." Shekhar vented out.

"Wow! What an upbringing you have been given to your daughter. She successfully brought her parents on the road, gave the begging bowl in the hands of her grandparents and destroyed her own sister's house." This time it was Parvati who could not suppress her venom for Swara.