Chapter - 4

"Laksh, if Swara and Sanskar are not going with us then I don't think we can go?" Ragini queried her husband once they were alone in their room.

"I don't know." Laksh shook his head in disappointment.

"I really want to go. You please do something." Ragini wailed.

"I also desperately want to go but if those two are not coming and we will go, that itself will not look right." Laksh palmed his face. "I don't understand what Bhai's problem is? Why is he so much into work?"

"Will you please talk to him and convince him?" Ragini asked with a puppy face.

"Talking to Bhai? Didn't you see in the morning how he replied, though he is not showing but he is still upset with me. He will not listen to me." His dismay was clearly seen on his sulked face.

They both sat down to figure out their options for convincing Sanskar but none of them looked feasible for the current situation.

"I have one idea." Laksh exclaimed.

"Why don't you ask Swara to talk to Bhai? Bhai will never ignore Swara. He will for sure listen to her. World can go upside down but Bhai will never say no to Swara." Laksh squealed with new hope.

For a moment, Ragini's eyes twinkled with happiness but then the next moment reality hit her hard.

" I know he will never say no to Swara but this time I really don't know. You have seen both of them over the last week. They hardly talk to each other these days. He is not even staying at home like earlier." Ragini whined, keeping her head on Laksh's shoulder.

"Come on Ragini, convince her. You can explain to Swara that on this pretext she will be able to spend more time with Bhai and she will get a chance to solve whatever problems are there between them." He put logical reasoning behind his idea.

"Please Ragini, you have to do this for us. Otherwise our family will not allow us to go as well." Laksh almost begged in front of his wife.

At night, Swara was winding up kitchen work when Ragini finally got a chance to talk to her alone.

"Swara, please can you talk to Sanskar about the trip?" Ragini voiced out. Her sister's red and swollen eyes were acting as discouragement for her.

Ragini's words reminded her of the morning incident.

"Ragini, he already said he is going to the US so he won't be able to make it." She did not even bother to turn back to her sister.

"But Swara, can't he postpone his trip or can't he work from here. Please... Please... Please. This is the first time after marriage that both of us are getting a chance to go out like this. We won't get such a chance again and again." Ragini put all her persuasive skills together.

"Think about it, Swara. Just four of us. We will have a chance to mend our relationships."

"Ragini, me and Sanskar are not joining." Swara declared with a deep sigh.

"If you two are not coming then, me and Laksh will not be able to go as well." After a long series of failed convincing sessions, finally Ragini blurted out her inner thoughts.

Swara stared at her sister for a moment.

"But you and Laksh can go. Nobody is stopping you both." Swara turned back to concentrate on her work.

"But it will not look good in everyone's eyes." Ragini took cautious steps to come near Swara.

"It's not like that. Everyone will understand." Only Swara knew how difficult it was for her to accept this.