Chapter - 14

"Ragini when Laksh is coming home?" During dinner Durgaprasad asked to see his son's empty chair.

"Papaji, he called some time back. He is not joining everyone for dinner. He is going out with his partners for some business dinner with investors." Ragini replied while serving food on her own plate.

"Ok that's fine. Ask him to meet me. I want to talk to him." Swara heard her Bade Papa summoning. She and Sanskar shared a quick glance at each other from corner eyes before concentrating on their food.

Rest of the dinner time was spent with regular, routine chat.

It was late night when Laksh returned back to his home, Ragini informed him about Durgaprasad's message. But since it was too late he thought to talk to his father the next morning.

"Laksh, what is happening with the Badi Reconstruction project?" Durgaprasad interrogated when he asked his son to meet him in study after breakfast.

Shekhar accompanied them even though Durgaprasad's reluctance for his interference.

"Yes Papa, it's all going on well. We will start digging land for foundation in a week or two." Laksh answered confidently.

"What happened? Why are you asking this suddenly? Laksh..." Shekhar asked but he was interrupted in the middle with Durga Prasad's stern glare.

"Mr. Choubey and Mr. Verma along with a few other Badi's residents met me yesterday in our community gatherings, they were saying your company does not have adequate permissions to go ahead with the Badi Reconstruction project yet. Also there are some discrepancies and loopholes in the contract." Durga Prasad grilled his son with his back to back questions.

Yesterday, he was offended when he was questioned about his son's company's misdeeds during a social gathering.

"Ohh these two are pointing their fingers on each and everything from the start." Laksh tried to take it casually.

"Of Course they will be Laksh. It's a question of their lifetime savings." His father reminded him.

"Don't take me wrong Papa, but these two, previously as well, were instigating others against this project. Thanks to Shekhar Papa, he convinced others but these two did not agree. So finally we made a contract with them to pay money to get their NOC.  In exchange for money, they both gave up their rights from their badi's house." Laksh informed his father hesitatingly.

"And what about permissions? They said you don't have..." Again a cross question from Durga Prasad.

"Papa, I know, we don't have enough permissions. We have got the go ahead from the government to build 15 storey towers but we have agreed to build 20 as per latest contract but we have submitted an amendment to earlier permission. It will get approved soon." Laksh hoped his father would buy out the argument.

"But then, why did you demolish the Badi area when you did not have all required permissions?" Durga Prasad's voice raised a little bit along with his heartbeat.

"What's so great about these permissions? I am sure we will get it soon. You know Ashish, my partner's father is MLA of this area, it's a peanut task for them." His son and his over simplified way of looking at the business world frustrated Durga Prasad more and more.

"Laksh, my son, business does not work like this. One mistake and your years of hard work will be ruined." It was years of experience spoken in Durga Prasad's voice.

"Papa please don't worry about this. I know I have made a lot of mistakes in my life but this time, I am sure; I am on the right track." Laksh could understand the underlying concern of his father.