Chapter 22

Sure enough two hours later the doctor came in. "Ready to get a sling?" He asked. I nodded. "Well follow me." The doctor said. He walked out the door and Nash and I followed.
We went down a few hallways before we stopped at a door. "Right this way." The doctor gestured to the room. I stepped inside along with Nash. "Let's get you fitted!" The doctor said rubbing his hands together.

I skipped out of the hospital. "No more stinky smell! No more ass less gowns! No more hospital!" I yelled. Nash was laughing at me. I tired around and saw that he was recording me. "Nash!" I yelled. "What it was cute." He said innocently. "You put it on vine didn't you." I said. He nodded. I playfully hit is arm. "Hey that hurts. You have a cast on." He said rubbing his shoulder. I rolled my eyes. "Want a piggy back ride?" Nash said while wiggling his eyebrows. "Do I?" I yelled. He bent down and I jumped on. I wrapped the arm with the cast around his chest and my legs tightly around his waist. "Onward!" I yelled pointing my index finger in the direction we were going. "Your suck a dork." Nash said. "You bet your buns I am." I said. He chuckled and continued to walk to the hotel. It wasn't that far of a walk.

"I said uh hey girl with one eye! I'll cut your little heart out because you made me cry!" I sung to myself. Nash gave me a weird look. "What? It's girl with one eye by Florence and the machine." I said. We were back in the hotel and we were laying in the bed just listening to our music. "Hey Madison?" Nash asked. "Yeah?" I looked over at him. "I'm glad I met you." He said. I smiled at him. "I'm glad I met you too." I said. I truly was. He was my best friend and I have fallen madly in love with him. I want nothing more than to call him mine. I'd give anything just to reach over and grab a hand full of his hair and crash is lips to mine. Shawn came walking into the room. "What's up guys." He said. "Sup." Nash and I said in unison. "Jinks! You owe me a soda!" I yelled. Nash huffed and stood up. "I was kidding." I said. "Nah it's fine. I'll get you a Rootbeer." Nash said. "Thanks sweet thang!" I said. "No problem princess." Nash said before walking out of the room. Shawn came over and sat next to me. "It seems like I haven't talked to you in forever." I say. "Yeah." Shawn agrees. We sat in silence for a good minute. "Listen Madison, the truth is I am still in love with you and" "Shawn.." I interrupted. "No just listen. I made a huge mistake and I miss you. I never stopped loving you." He said. "Shawn you were my first love and I will always love you for th-" I was cut off by his lips. I don't know why but I kissed back. "I'm ba- what?" I jumped away from Shawn. "Here's your Rootbeer." Nash said. He tossed it to me before quickly turning around and slamming the door. "Nash! Wait!" I yelled jumping up. "Madison, he's fine." Shawn said. "No Shawn you don't get it. I'm in love with him." I say. I was on the verge of tears. "But you kissed back." Shawn said. "It was a mistake. I do love you just not in that way." I kissed him on the cheek before I ran out after Nash. I don't know where he would have gone. Think. The roof! I ran around looking for a door that led to the roof. I eventually found it. I threw it open and ran up the steps. I reached the top and caught my breath before opening the door. "Nash?" I called out. "Go away." I looked to my left and found Nash sitting on the edge of the roof. "Nash..." I said. "No just go away." He said. His voice was calmer than before. "I can't." I whisper. "And why is that?" Nash asked. "Because I'm in love with you." I say. Nash stood up. "Oh but you're going to tell me that you still love Shawn." He yelled. "I don't." I said. "But you were kissing him." Nash pointed out. "He kissed me and yes I kissed back but it was a mistake." I said. "Yeah. Whatever." Nash said before walking around me and back down stairs. I sighed and walked to the edge of the roof. "All I have to do is just step off." I said to myself. I sighed again and stepped away. I walked back down stairs but not back to the room. I walked right out of the hotel and turned right. I didn't know where I was going I just let my feet carry me.

I stood I front of the old abandoned clothing store. I don't know why I came here I just did. I opened the door and walked inside. I walked to the back and found a mattress and a blanket. I figured he was staying here. I sat on the mattress and brought my knees to my chest. I let all the tears flow. I can't have Nash hate me. I need him. I saw a broken piece of glass on the ground. I picked it up. It was sharp. I lifted my shirt up and began to cut. One, two, three, ten, twenty. I stopped counting. I finally stopped. It's funny how you get use to the pain. I whipped the tears from my eyes and grabbed a piece of cloth from the floor. I whipped the blood from my stomach. I rolled my shirt back down and laid down on the dirty mattress. I pulled the thin blanket over my body. I fell asleep feeling empty on the inside. I can't live without him.