3

When she got back to the Sullys marui pod she saw her mother there preparing some food for lunch. "what's wrong" she immediately asks not even looking up at the distressed teenager.

Neytiri and Eyrina shared a close mother daughter bond. Mo'at used to joke and say they were basically the same na'vi she often told Eyrina that she acted just like her mother at her age. Although she was close with Jake he often was too concerned with keeping them safe to pay attention the little problems of being a na'vi teenager such as struggling to fit in.

"just tired" Eyrina muttered quietly not wanting to embarrass herself in front of her mother. Neytiri looked up at her and gave her a look saying you can't fool me that easily "seriously tell me I am not that foolish" she said gently taking Eyrinas hand into hers.

The young girl sighed before telling her mother about the boys and how stupid she felt. Neytiri rolled her eyes at the behaviour of the male na'vi "don't worry about them my riti (star), they're just stupid boys they probably think you're pretty but are too scared to tell you" Eyrina chuckled and shook her head but appreciated her mothers attempts at making her feel better.

She spent most of her day weaving, trying not to think about the stupid boys from earlier. Eventually her fingers for tired and she put the incompleted necklace safely in one of her bags and went to find Neteyam.

Neteyam was with Tuk making figures in the sand with the use of the water to make it stay "rina look its an Ikran!" Tuk says excitedly pulling her over to the shape in the sand which barely resembled the great creature. She applauded Tuk for it and gifted her one of the seashells she found earlier "you can put it in your song cord to remember arriving at these islands" Eyrina told the young girl gently as she studied it "it's so beautiful thank you ill ask mom to weave it in for me!" she beamed at the older girl as she continued her dancing in the sand.

Neteyam smiles at her as she also gave him one, a slightly bigger shell that had the same colours as his Ikran, she told him about the boys from earlier and he huffed" if they do it again come to me ill show them not to mess with my baby sister" he hissed. Rolling her eyes Eyrina scolded him gently "no remember what dad said, no causing trouble, plus don't call me your baby sister I'm only 3 minutes younger than you skxwang!" he chuckled at the last part
"maybe so but I will still protect you from those dicks"

When it became evening they made their way to join the rest of the clan for food. Much to kiri and Eyrinas dismay Jake was persistent that they must join them if they were to become part of the clan. They sat in their own little area after taking their own portion.

The food here was so different. Of course she had fish back in the forest however this fish was much different. First of all there were many different types each having a different texture and taste second of all they were seasoned much differently and were a shock to the Forest dwellers palate at first. It wasn't necessarily bad in Eyrinas opinion, although Tuk may beg to differ, but it was just different and made her feel slightly homesick missing her favourite dishes.

As she ate, the warmth of the fire gave her a sense of comfort as she looked over at the clan. Eyrina had always loved observing which to some made her seem creepy but to others made her a promising hunter. She noticed many things such as the way the metkayinan people were an extremely close community, different families sat together as one and exchanged stories from their lifetimes. This made rina wonder if her family would ever be accepted enough to join in and exchange stories of their own.

As her gaze moved onto the family of the leaders of the clan she noted how Tsireya and Loak kept exchanging shy glances to one another. She chuckled slightly at this and nudged neteyam who quickly caught on rolling his eyes playfully. She then turned her attention to Aonung who seemed to sit slightly apart from the others keeping to himself as he ate. She wondered if he was lonely, she knew he had friends and was quite popular but she wondered if it was all a front. He then looked up at her with a look she couldn't quite decipher she quickly snapped out of her trance and looked elsewhere praying to eywa he didn't realise how much she was truly staring at him.

When she finished her meal she helped to clean up with her mother and watched as the embers of the fire died down. She sat outside her marui pod, not feeling tired enough to try sleep as she splashed her legs into the water, tiny flowing fish surrounding her feet.

She heard a disturbance in the water and screamed slightly jumping up as a head emerged. Relieved to see it was Aonung, who was laughing at the girls reaction. She splashed his face playfully. "why are you swimming outside my families pod?" she asked him teasingly he smiled "I could ask the same of you making eyes at me at dinner" she scoffed at his words rolling her eyes "I wouldn't call it that" she said gently as he jumped up to sit by her. She felt tense at the closeness she didn't know why she reacted the way she did with him and it frustrated her.

"why aren't you asleep anyway?" he questioned her looking up at the sky
"I like to watch the stars before I go to bed plus I'm not tired" she whispered not knowing why she was telling him this "what about you?" she asked nudging him slightly with her shoulder but immediately regretting this as she felt sparks of electricity on the area after. "The sea is beautiful at night and its nice to have a moment to myself" he muttered before immediately smirking again "so why were you staring at me like a lovesick ilu over dinner then" Eyrina felt flustered at his abrasive question "you know what I am getting quite tired. I'll se you tomorrow for lessons Aonung" she said quickly getting up and rushing back to her marui pod.

Aonung watched her go his smirk disappearing as he sighed looking down at the sea. He didn't know why he was so intrigued with the weird girl it wasn't like he even cared for her. He shook his head as if to shake the thoughts away as he hopped back into the sea to continue his nightly swim.