8

The group surrounded loak as he explained in more detail about his encounter in the reef the three metkayina siblings looking confused. "the tulkun haven't arrived yet" tsireya mentions "plus no tulkun is ever alone" aonung adds as loak looked at the two "well this one was and he was missing a fin" the three seemed to go over this in their head "that's payakan" tsireya says seeming alarmed as she looked at Rotxo and Aonung who seemed equally concerned.

"he is a killer he killed na'vi and other tulkun not here but in the south" the tall boy explains loak frowned "no he saved me he wouldnt-"
"my mighty brother survived the wrath of payakan" neteyam said trying to make light of the situation as he patted loaks head who quickly batted him off "no you guys aren't listening" he says standing up adrupltly "no loak I'm listening" tuk said desperately not wanting her big brother to be sad.

Eyrina sighed as she watched the boy storm off. She knew he struggled with feeling misunderstood often getting in trouble due to his recklessness even though he often meant well. As they watched him walk off the group separated. The metkayina kids gave them a day off of lessons due to the excitement of yesterday.

Loak had told Eyrina to just forgive Aonung and that he didn't care about what had happened but she couldn't bring herself to talk to the boy who kept trying to catch her gaze. She wouldn't hold a grudge but she just felt uncomfortable knowing he was capable of hurting someone so close to her. Fighting was one thing but leaving him out in such a dangerous environment was another.

Neteyam had managed to make some friends around their age and invited her to join them. They showed them cool spots in the sea and were very friendly considering how many of the water na'vi acted around them.

One boy, xolru, had taken an interest in Eyrina and often hung close to her. He was a funny boy always making her giggle with the things he'd say. He wasn't necessarily attractive but he was nice to her and that's all she cared about really.

Once they left the group neteyam brushed her with his shoulder and gave her a wink "you seem to getting the attention of all the boys here" he teased making her blush "I don't know what you're on about skxwang" she muttered nudging him back.

Eyrina found herself scavenging again trying to find pretty things in the sea to make her trinkets out of. She had quite a hefty collection of pieces of coral, rocks and shells when a certain chiefs son managed to find her and signalled for her to surface.

"what's up?" she asked not wanting to be snappy again. "listen I just wanted to make sure there's no bad blood between us you barely even looked at me this morning" he sighed trying to make eye contact with the girl.

She sighed before looking into his eyes. Were they always so blue? They stared into hers so intensely she almost forgot to reply. "I'm sorry I just can't get over yesterday. I just need time I guess but I don't hold any grudge toward you it isn't my grudge to hold at the end of the day" she articulated the boy nodded and hesitantly grabbed her hand shoving a pearl into it before quickly swimming away. Bewildered she just watched the boy before looking at the pearl.

She had to admit it was gorgeous and she appreciated the gift although she had no idea where it had come from. She added it to the small waterproof pouch she had holding her little collection.

As she got back to the beach she spotted Tukitrey and made her way over to the smaller girl. "hey rina where have you been I've been so boreeeeed" the girl groaned pulling at the older girls hand. Eyrina smiled and agreed to play with Tuk and her little dolls.

Eyrina had to admit she understood why tuk enjoyed to play with the wooden dolls. It made her feel like a child again and reminded her of when she was young and ran around the forest with neteyam never found without her ikran doll. It also made her feel a little homesick but it also comforted her. It was very bittersweet remembering the forest and her family. She missed her grandmother greatly the wise tsahik always gave her advice when needed.

Eventually the two girls both became tired out and tuk convinced Eyrina to carry her back to the marui pod. Rolling her eyes the girl agreed she couldn't help but spoil the younger girl always gifting her with new toys and trinkets for her to play with.

They had dinner with the clan again and although they weren't really involved in the conversations that dotted around the clan they were sat closer to them. The food today was especially good making Eyrina ears perk up and her tails straighten up slightly as she savoured every bite. She even ate some of tuks leftovers which was usually scoffed up by loak or Jake before she even finished her portion.

She was completely unaware of the eyes watching her from across the fire. He hated to admit it but he liked seeing her little reactions to things she seemingly had no control over her ears and tail. He had first noticed this when she first landed when their eyes met. He had found it laughable how she hadn't been able to hide her attraction to the boy. He still did, not being able to conceal the little chuckle when she took the bite of the food he and the rest of the hunters had caught.

He quickly looked away and focused his attention of the conversations his family were having.

Eyrina had ended the day feeling slightly more content than usual. She rolled the little pearl she had been gifted earlier between her fingers as she led in the marui pod. She found herself smiling at the memory before quickly stopping herself. She grimaced as she realised what was happening.

She couldn't deny that she had a little crush on the chiefs son. How could she not, he teased her often and it seemed more flirty than malicious, he seemed almost protective the other day when she got hit plus he basically begged for her forgiveness. Not to mention the beautiful little present he had randomly given her earlier on. She carefully put the pearl safely before groaning into her hand and hiding her face into her pillow.