15

Eyrina ran back to her marui all the excitement she had earlier had completely disappeared. She just couldn't understand this boy one second he was kissing her the next he was ridiculing her with his friends.

Hiding her face in her hands she cried into them, the sounds of the celebration echoing through the island. She heard footsteps and quickly hid her face pretending to be asleep.

Jake walked in with a sleeping Tuk gently resting her into her hammock. He then looked over at Eyrina and furrowed his brows he knew for a fact she was never asleep this early and that something must be wrong.

"baby girl? I know you're not asleep what's wrong" Jake asked putting his hand on the girls shoulder gently. Slowly Eyrina sat up wiping the tears off of her face. "just some dumb boys" she sniffed refusing to look Jake in the eye.

"oh baby girl don't worry about those dicks if it something to do with that Aonung by any chance?" Jake pressed on wanting to get to the bottom of why is eldest daughter had tears streaming down her face. Gently he pulled her chin up so she'd look him in the eye and she sighed not knowing whether to tell him the truth or not.

She decided to open up to her dad for once leaving out the details such as the kissing and secret meet ups but summarised it into Aonung making her feel one way and then the other. Jake felt frustrated, he knew what teenage boys were like and he was sure na'vi boys weren't any different to human boys.

"don't worry about any boys they don't deserve a sweet soul like you" he said embracing the girl as she began to tear up again. "do you want to come back to join into the celebrations or call it a night?" Eyrina thought about it but couldn't bear the thought of seeing those boys again so just told her dad she wanted to get some rest. He nodded at her still feeling worried and sat in the pod with his eldest and youngest daughters.

The next day Eyrina decided to skip out on the lessons. She felt drained from the day before and just needed to clear her head.

Aonung decided to turn up for the lessons that day and was frustrated to see the siblings without Eyrina he asked neteyam who just glared at him "why don't you take a guess" Aonung exhaled trying to figure out how he could make it up to the girl. He didn't know why he did that he was just confused.

Eyrina called Alyara and connected to their queues. Alyara rubbed her head on Eyrina comfortingly trying to soothe her by showing her what she'd been up to through the bond. Alyara and the other ikran had created a nest high up on the mountains above and had been spending their time catching fish and exploring the islands. Eyrina appreciated her flying friend always trying to make her feel better. She had more empathy than most the na'vi in these stupid islands.

Eyrina let Alyara go sensing her tiredness and not wanting to over exert the creature. She made her way down to the forest like area. She found a calm stream of water where she sat, leaning against a tree to meditate and connect to the nature.

That was until she heard familiar footsteps make their way over to her. Slowly she opened her eyes and looked up at the boy whose face looked uncharacteristically nervous. "hey about yesterday-"

"it's fine." she cut him off looking down at a leaf she had in her hands. "I understand I'm a freak you wouldn't want to be seen with me" her voice was laced with sadness and it pained Aonung to hear especially since he was the cause of this.

"no please let me explain" he started crouching down to be at her level. "I was just confused I still am I've never-" he sighed deeply before continuing "you make me feel things I've never felt before and it honestly scares me" she looked up at him finally biting her lip as she listened to the boys confession. "I'm sorry for what I did last night I'm just- I don't know what to do" she took his hands in hers rubbing the paddle-like skin as she thought of what to say.

"you don't have to do anything just stay with me now we can figure out all the hard stuff later" she whispered staring into his eyes. His eyes softened slightly and he sat beside her pulling her into his side. Although she was still hurt she didn't want to think about that now she just wanted to breathe him in and feel his warmth engulf her.

She woke up startled. She wasn't in her marui pod and she was in the forest? Everything came rushing back as she remembered the events earlier on. "thank fuck you're awake my arm is dead" she smiled to herself as she looked at the boy who had a playful look on his face. She stretched her limbs and sighed contently "how long was I asleep for?" she asked somewhat shyly. "long enough" he chuckled standing up and offering her his hand so she could get up easier.

They made their way back talking about everything and nothing. Everything was so much easier with him. They sat by the shore just enjoying each others company teasing and joking around with one another. Until their bubble was burst and a rustle in the bushes made Aonung jump up.

"I knew you liked her" a voice sounded. The two na'vi turned around seeing two of aonungs friends from yesterday. "What the hell how long have you been watching us" aonung asked a panicked look on his face. "long enough" the other one stepped forward with a smug look on his face as he turned to look at me.

"aw you look so happy I guess Aonung hasn't thought to inform you"