4

Neteyam nudged Eyrina awake gently telling her it was time to go for their lesson. She groaned rubbing her head remembering how embarrassing yesterday was for her she hoped it was all some sort of bad dream.

Todays lesson was learning to breathe, a crucial aspect of being able to dive well. Tsireya explained to the group that it was different to normal breathing and placed her hand onto loaks stomach and chest as she did so. "Loak you must calm your heart" the clearly flustered boy apologised, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried. Eyrina, rotxo and neteyam laughed quietly as this as Aonung rolled his eyes.

Eyrina was sat between neteyam and Aonung and couldn't quite grasp the concept of 'breathing from your stomach' . "no no no you're doing it completely wrong" Aonung stated. He pressed a warm hand onto her stomach "you must breathe from here where your organs are" and then placed one hand by her heart "and you must calm your heart" she froze, the feeling of his hands sending shivers down her spine.

"your heart is going so fast" he commented playfully his face now closer to her ear. Her breathe hitched at the feel of his breathe by her neck. She closed her eyes and focused on the sounds of the sea, the warmth of the sun on her back, anything but his hands on her body. She started to get the hang of it more as she managed to ignore the feeling of butterflies as the smug boy touched her.

"that's better" he went on as she calmed her heart. Neteyam gave him a pointed look as he took his hands off her holding them up as a sign of surrender "hey im just trying to teach her the way" he remarked.

Once the lesson was over she finished the necklace for her ikran and went up to the wooded area that led to a mountain where she could call her ikran without startling the locals. She made her way over and stopped at a river to appreciate the area that reminded her more of her home.

"what are you up to freak?" a harsh voice spoke up waking her up from her blissful daydream. She looked behind her and saw the group of Aonungs friends minus him. "um nothing" she said quietly they exchanged looks and laughed "why are you so weird looking I mean look at these demon hands" one of them provoked grabbing hold of her wrists. "hey let go!" she stammered feeling hugely outnumbered. She was a good fighter but there were at least 5 boys in this group all significantly taller than her.

"what's going on here?" Aonung said as he marched over from seemingly nowhere. His friend let go of her still laughing maliciously. "ah nothing Aonung just introducing ourselves to this freak" he snarled. Eyrina just looked down willing herself to not cry. Aonung looked down at her wrists which now looked bright red due to the tight grip the former na'vi had on her "it isn't worth it man my dad won't be happy" he warned the boy reminding him of his father telling the clan to treat the outsiders like their brothers and sisters.

The group muttered to each other acknowledging this as they backed off. Eyrina quickly turned around and sped walked off to the mountains trying to hide the fact there were tears running down her face. Aonung watched her go, not wanting her to be upset but not wanting his friends to know he cared. "come on guys let's go hunt" he sighed leading the others the opposite direction she went. He found himself wandering where she was going but quickly denied himself of this thought.

As she reached the mountains edge she called her ikran and waited patiently until she heard the familiar sounds of wings flapping down. "hey girlie" she whispered lovingly as the creature rubbed her head against her. She hugged her Ikran before connecting their queues so they could communicate more efficiently. "here I made you a necklace" she quickly clasped it round her Ikrans neck and admired her handiwork glad to see it wasn't too tight or too loose. The ikran made noises of appreciation and put their foreheads together.

The ikran then picked up on the girls sadness which she tried to hide and made a concerned chirp. Eyrina smiled sadly and showed her beloved creature what had happened in her head through the tshaeylu and the creature growled quietly before trying to comfort the girl. "let's go for a ride that'll help clear my head" she said soothingly to the ikran as she got onto the saddle.

She flew up high so they wouldn't be spotted and scolded for flying too close to the village and came to a steady rhythm so Eyrina could admire the village from the sky. She had to admit it was very beautiful the bright blue water glistened in the sun and the metkayina people carrying out their duties in perfect harmony . She led her head on the Ikrans neck as she looked at the breathtaking view and calmed down from the days events. She couldn't figure Aonung out he often teased her but she didn't think it was malicious but his friends were just downright mean. Sure he put a stop to it but she still couldn't help feeling a slight resentment toward the boy as she felt that who you surround yourself with is a reflection of who you are as well.

She sighed and made her way back as the sky darkened. She hugged Alyara goodbye sadly pressing their noses together for a last time before sending the ikran off to the nest the family of Ikrans had made further off into the mountains.