Part 23

Zola POV:

It's been exactly 23 days since Thanos came to Earth, fought all of us, snapped his fingers and left. Since then a lot has changed. It's been driving us all insane. It makes me wonder if Peter is still alive and in space. Hopefully, he's still alive, if not well hope is what's helping all of us. Pepper's worried about Tony too. Mum's stuck on finding the solution to bring everyone back.

Hearing a loud sound and seeing a glowing person carrying a spacecraft, everyone rushes outside.

Third Person:

Outside, the landing gears of the spacecraft deploy as they touch down. The entry hatch opens, and Tony and Nebula walk out, Tony being supported by Nebula. Steve runs to Tony to help him stand up. Tony grips Steve's arm as he joins him.

Tony says "Couldn't stop him", Steve responds with "Neither could I". Tony says "I lost the kid". At this moment Zola who was listening closely uses her powers to levitate in the air as she throws balls of energy at Tony as he tries to block them. Nat manages to make Zoa stop them as they walk back inside to the training room, so that they can fight off their anger against the dummies.

Steve says "Don't listen to her, she's just mad, her friends, both of her aunts, cousin sister and now Peter. I guess Zola was just waiting for some hope. Seriously though, Tony, we all lost". Tony, struggling to ask about Pepper says "Is, uh...? Pepper exclaims "Oh, my god! oh, my god!" Tony responds with "It's okay".

Rocket Raccoon sits down with Nebula and takes her hand, both silently mourning their losses. In the Avengers Compound. The heroes are sitting in a living room area. Tony is sitting at a table, getting blood for healing. A holographic casualty report lists the names and faces of those lost to the Decimation.

Rhodes says "It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth". Natasha says "World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. and it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent of all living creatures". Tony asks "Where is he now? Where?" Steve answers with "We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through".

Tony looks around and sees a sullen-looking Thor, sitting on a bench, seemingly deep in thought. He asks "What's wrong with him?" Zola responds with "Listen to the raccoon but he's just in a mood".

Offended and annoyed, Rocket answers with "Hey you. Iron person, listen he's pissed. He thinks he failed. which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?"

Tony says "Iron person as if, honestly, until this exact second, I literally thought you were a build-a-bear.

Rocket replies with "Maybe I am".

Steve says "We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. deep space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him".

Tony surprisingly states "Who told you that? I didn't fight him. no, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker street magician gave away the store. That's what happened. there was no fight".

Steve answers with "Okay", Tony says "He's unbeatable". Steve asks "Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?"

Zola lazily states "Moving on, you guys realise there's no point in going after Thanos even if he was here, I get that you want to kill him, trust me so do I but still. It's not like he's randomly going to have the infinity stones still with him. Waiting for the perfect moment to hand it over to us?"

Tony says "Pfft! At least we'll do something, You know, I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. I thought I was dreaming". Steve replies with "Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus".