Part 24

Third Person:

Rocket asks "What... What did you do?"

Thor looks broken, realising what he has done and says "I went for the head".

He slowly walks out of the shed, no real purpose in his steps.

5 Y E A R S L A T E R

In New York City, seemingly abandoned. There are a lot of boats gathered around a dock, all abandoned. A baseball stadium comes into view, with no life present at all. The aftermath of the Decimation is evident, and Earth has not coped well.

Inside the New Avengers facility, someone is cutting the two pieces of bread with peanut butter filling into a couple of triangles, as someone else was speaking. Natasha Romanoff, now having red, long hair, over-colouring her blonde streaks, hearing Rocket Raccoon out about his status so far. Next to her, her daughter, Zola Romanoff is seen, her red and blue hair now completely blonde, just like her mother.

Rocket says, "Yeah, we boarded that highly suspect warship Danvers pinged".

A few of the avengers in holographic calls from the left to right, Nebula and Rocket, Okoye, Carol Danvers with a tomboyish haircut, and Rhodey.

Nebula replies, "It was an infectious garbage scowl".

Rocket answers, "So, thanks for the hot tip", finishes the Danvers and replies back with a smirk.

Carol Danvers says "Well, you were closer".

Rocket exclaims "Yeah. and now we smell like garbage".

Zola laughs "Hahha, poor you", Rocket gives her a glare and says "Hey, at least we're doing something".

Zola turns her back and leaves the room, her mother stays, knowing she needs some alone time.

In Zola's room, on her bedside table she picks up a frame, a picture of her and Peter just before the Snap, both kissing and hugging, Delmars sandwiches in hand. Staring at it for a bit. Teardrops falling onto the photo, picking up another one.

It was her, Alondra, Yelena and Natasha at their apartment, Nat and Zola in shades and black trench coats. Yelena in her many pockets jacket and Alondra in her weird hat that they stole only to give it back months later. Currently, the hat and the jacket were locked in a box along with a bunch of other stuff labelled in big red bold letters, "DO NOT OPEN, OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES". Then on a line below it said, "Warning if you do try, you will be murdered by two extremely angry redheads, BE CAREFUL".

This picture had her, Alondra and MJ, at the talent show. The three had taken it just before it had started. Even if she wasn't able to talk to the pair for a few years apart from a few catch ups, she still missed them.

Finally, Zola picked up the last one on the table, it was Wanda, Natasha and her. Wanda and Nat, smiling while drinking up their coffee. Zola looked moody and annoyed, forced to have a strawberry smoothie instead because of Natasha's new protective mother methods.

Every night, everyone in the building had nightmares about their own different events, Zola's were about everyone blaming her for not protecting the stone. Although deep in her mind was a teen who died way too young, Arina Volov. Her deceased best friend or sister, Zola, had a weird feeling that she would be meeting her soon. (One way or another...)

Deciding that the others must be finished, Zola heads back to the living room. Her mum is still talking with Rhodey, who sighs exhaustively.

Natasha asks "Where are you?", and making eye contact with her daughter who just entered the room.