Heartbreak

A/N : this is going to be a sad one with no happy ending.
So if you don't want to read it, please just skip it. I will be back with more eventually. Just wanted to practice writing heartbreak material. This fanfic is based on a french song called "J'te pardonne" by Hoshi.
Also also, i'm sorry for any mistakes. I'm currently posting this on my phone while commuting to uni. So it won't be perfect. Just wanted to give you guys an update asap ☺️

———————-

Y/N was sat in the corner of her room. The lamps that were normally on the bedside table were now broken on the ground, yet the light bulb was still flickering irregularly.
The room was a mess, clothes thrown around everywhere, the bed mattress flipped over.

The bedroom, which was once a feeling of safety, of love, of home was now nothing but a place of betrayal and destruction.

Y/N lifted her head up from her knees and looked around at the mess she made.

Her tears had dried up on her cheeks, but her eyes were swollen from all the crying that had happened in the past couple of hours. She had lost complete sense of time. She didn't know if it was the evening, middle of night or the next morning.
She wasn't even sure if it was the same day.

Her body felt so light yet her heart was heavy. Her hand fell to her side and she leaned back against the wall she was sitting in front of. She didn't know what to do now.

All she knew; she did not have the mental strength to cry anymore. She felt like she ran out of tears. Like all the water inside of her drained out.

The room felt heavy. The bedroom door was opened and behind it, a dark house. The only light on was the flickering light.
In a dramatic thought, Y/N was convinced she could get used to living in darkness.
She didn't want to see light anymore, to see anything that would remind her that "positivity" ever existed.

She needed to dwell in her sadness for a bit. She needed to feel sorry for herself for as long as it took. To hell to anyone who would tell her "There's plenty of other fish in the sea."

Because to her; there was just one fish in this entire ocean.
And that fish got caught in someone else's net.

The very person who sold them their house. The actual real estate agent.

The moment she set foot in the house earlier in the day of everything happening, she had a bad feeling.
In the driveway she already saw a car in front of their house she did not recognize but assumed it was nothing. Maybe some of Ariana's publicist or someone from her team.

Unlocking the door, the first thing she noticed was a smell of strong cologne. How naive she had been thinking at that moment it was definitely someone Ariana was working with.
She had not called out, she had checked the letters in the mailbox instead, started making herself a cup of coffee until she heard some playful laughing and a quick flirty "stop". Too playful and too flirty.

At that moment, Y/N's heart slightly dropped. Not wanting to assume the worse, she nevertheless wanted to go and make sure that everything was alright.
She made her way up the stairs, the higher she climbed, the heavier the atmosphere felt. In front of their bedroom door, she paused for a moment when she heard:

"Soon, I will tell her it's over and we can be together."

From the same voice she had heard "It's you and me forever."

How she had the strength to open the door after that, she didn't know.
She didn't know either how she had the strength to see Ariana in bed with Dalton Gomez without breaking down there and then.
The next minutes that felt like hours was a blur.