Papillon

Another request by yaplaygirl  - show her some love for the idea<3.
——————————

The pressure and emotional stress of filming 'Thank u, next' had been absolutely overwhelming for Ariana as  well as her close circle of friends. She had debated for months whether to put this song on album and do a music video for it, but decided that this would be the perfect song to close the chapter of some very difficult years and start again.

All of this was, however, worth it when the video was out for release and the public met it with high praise and rating.

To celebrate this roaring success, Ariana decided to do something different and go to a restaurant with her close friends and family.

Her close  group of friends had been the reason why this album existed in the first place.
Tommy had put together the music and produced the album; Victoria, Tayla and Njomza had helped her write the songs and provide emotional support through it all.

And how could she forget Doug, Courtney, Scott and Brian? Her best friends since the beginning of this whole journey.

Nonna, Joan, Frankie and even her dad were also reunited for the first time in awhile.

The past few months, she had locked herself up with her friends in the studio to work diligently on the album so this much needed catch up was absolutely necessary.

"Guys, I cannot tell you how much it means for me that you are all here with me tonight. There are no words to express the amount of fucking gratitude I have for each and every single one of ya'll. All this would not have been possible if you guys were not in my life. So cheers to you guys and let's celebrate this video release!"

All of them cheered, which caused a few looks from the other tables nearby, but frankly, Ariana couldn't give a damn about it.

The fancy New York restaurant "Papillon" was not busy tonight as it was a weekday, with only a few couples out. However there was a table of what seemed to be businessmen further into the restaurant.

Ariana noticed that they were drinking quite excessively as the poor waitress ran back and forth every 20 mins or so with new beers for them.
She seemed absolutely overwhelmed with their table.
Ariana felt sorry for her.

Victoria noticed Ariana's worried gaze projected towards the waitress and tapped her on the shoulder lightly. Ariana snapped out of her thought of the waitress and, as she looked towards Victoria, threw her a reassuring smile that she was alright.

The night continued quite smoothly with a lot of laughs and indulging in the finer things in life, no expenses spared by Ariana.

The restaurant had cleared a little but the table of 5 businessmen were still here and they were causing more noise than Ariana's table of 13 people, partly due to the alcohol.

The noise of plates falling down resulted in the entire restaurant going quiet as the noise kept resonating.

Ariana and her party turned around to see what the noise was and among other things, they saw the girl on her knees with piles of broken desert plates in front of her. She looked absolutely mortified and on the verge of crying.

"Dumb waitress can't even look at where she's going." One of the business man said and the rest of the group erupted in  laughter.

Ariana felt her blood boil and in no time, despite the plea of sitting back down from a few people are her own table, she found herself at their table.