Summer Heat

A/N - Guys, I'm really sorry I haven't been updating. I'm currently stuck in a huge writer's block for my other stories, so I'm hoping writing on this Imagine series will get me going to continue the other stories.

This is a short imagine but I hope you will like it just as much as the other ones :)

Again, I want to thank everyone for sticking around, being patient and for continuing to read (or re-reading my stories), commenting and supporting. You guys are truly the best! <3
I will do my very best to get some chapters out soon, but I value the quality of the story so I would rather take my time to write something good rather than get chapters out quickly.

---------------------------------------

Y/N was laying completely restless on the right side of the bed.

This summer had been unusually warm and Y/N was not appreciating that at all. She always wondered how it was so easy to warm up but never easy to cool down. Especially not in a bed.

To make things worse, her girlfriend, Ariana, was laying right next to her, completely pressed up against Y/N's body with her arms around her. She usually loved cuddling with her girlfriend but tonight was just too much. She had no other choice...

She very gently tried to detach her girlfriend away from her by slowly lifting her arm up and placing it to Ariana's side.

Ariana must have felt a change in her posture as she unhappily grumbled in her sleep. Y/N couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at her girlfriend's reaction. Free from the body warmth, Y/N kicked back the bed sheets and laid there partially naked awaiting for her body to cool down. But it never did despite the 20 minutes of laying still, even afraid to fully breath in case it caused her body to overheat.

Y/N mentally cursed herself for suggesting to her girlfriend that they could spend the night at her own place. She had no air conditioning at her place. Ariana did, however.

She tossed and turned some more before she suddenly heard a groan from next to her.

"You've been tossing around for ages." Ariana said to her girlfriend, her voice still groggy.

"I'm sorry, it's just so warm here." An apologetic Y/N explained to her girlfriend.

She felt Ariana turn over to her side and face her, scooting closer. She felt her girlfriend's breath on her skin. Much to her dismay, it was adding warmth to her already overheating body.

She didn't dare tell her off though.

"Well why don't you go for a cold shower?" Ariana quietly suggested, a bit concerned at her girlfriend's condition.

"I'll still be hot again in a matter of minutes." Y/N was being extremely unhelpful in taking her girlfriend's suggestion.

"I know drinking a glass of cold water can also help. Just sip on it before falling asleep." Another suggestion came from Ariana.

"And then I'll have to go pee every 5 minutes and that will just wake me up more." Y/N's lack of acceptance of different advice was starting to annoy Ariana a little bit.

"Open the windows around the bedroom." She continued trying to find suitable options.

"But then insects will go in and I don't think you'd like waking up to bugs crawling over you." Y/N felt like she was being a brat right now and subconsciously knew she needed to stop before it went to far and just go along with one of her girlfriend's suggestions.

"Alright, well then how about you sleep outside then?" Ariana coldly blurted out.

There was a moment of silence and Y/N knew that she had just pushed Ariana's button a bit too far. She had woken her up in the middle of the night, and she was now complaining to her while not accepting the options presented to her.

"I think I'll try the cold shower instead. Already feel like I got a mental one." Y/N tried to joke around the situation in order not to upset her further. However, Ariana didn't seem amused as she rolled over to the other side and checked her phone. At this point, Ariana was fully awake.

Y/N got up and headed for the shower. She needed to find a way to make it up to her girlfriend. Y/N knew that Ariana had a long day ahead of her tomorrow with different interviews and meetings she had to go to.

The water was so cold against her skin that it literally took Y/N 2 minutes to jump in and out. She could already feel the freezing water cool her whole system down.

She put on her pyjama short back on and made her way back to the bedroom. Ariana was still on her phone, scrolling past some posts on Instagram.

"Ari, I'm sorry. I know you have a long day tomorrow and I didn't mean to wake up you." Y/N apologized. She did feel guilty that she complained that much to her girlfriend while throwing a sort of tantrum.

"It's okay." She said softly.

But to Y/N it didn't sound like it was okay.

She got into bed and settled in comfortably next to her girlfriend. Ariana was silent for the most part. In times like these, she knew that she just needed to let Ariana be for a little bit.

Suddenly the worst feeling happened. The feeling of warmth was creeping back little by little. This time she knew she couldn't complain any more.

Ariana seemed unaware of Y/N's inner struggles with the warmth settling back into her body. Y/N tried not moving too much and just laid down there.

Suddenly Ariana took the bed sheets and pulled it up back onto both of them. If she hadn't known better, she would have said that Ariana was doing this on purpose.

Yet she didn't comment on this and decided to let Ariana fall back asleep and then she would get back up and give up on sleeping all together.

Both of them still stood in silence. After what felt like hours, Y/N assumed that Ariana had fallen back asleep so she attempted to remove the bed sheets off of both of them again. She was pushing her luck and she knew that very well.

In a split second, she felt Ariana turning around abruptly and her body weight on top of her. Ariana's legs had locked themselves on the side of Y/N's hips and she was being straddled.

Both of Ariana's hands pinned Y/N's arms to the bed, right above her head.

"You know what? I'm going to give you a real reason to feel hot." She said cheekily.

Y/N smiled.

This kind of heat, she could deal with.